Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if anyone has tried modifying external warn premiums to use cone washers like the toy asin hubs use. I'm guessing I cant just use toy cone washers, metric bolts and what not. Any sources for ones that would fit? I'm making do with what I have, so not going the internal hub route for a while. Tried this in newbie already.

·
Registered
6,620 Posts
LUVMYTJ, for a good explanation - see my OTT steering arm review in the etch section

kwrangln, I know my local 18 wheeler parts supply house has a few bins of different sized split cone washers. I've also taken small cone washers out of a few different 3/4 and 1 ton full float (Dana) rear axles)

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Spicer 35-spline external drive flanges (D70) used these split-cone washers from the factory. I posted pics a while back. What are you putting them on?

·
Registered
8,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm running CJ 6 bolt external hubs in my EB 44 front end. I know the toy crowd raves about asin hubs over warn premium and the mounting is one of the major differences, so why not try to rectify the situation.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
External front 60/70 hubs/flanges are 3/8-18, and I think 44's are too (just 6 instead of 8) but I'm not sure about this. I've seen these hubs factory mounted with studs (on pre-74 Dodges) and think that those cones on studs would be about as good as it'd get. NAPA here has a bin of these in different sizes, and on mine the included angle looked mightly close to 60 degrees so cutters should be cheap and common. Let us know how it works.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts