Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 700 Posts

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is a rebirth of a great all around CJ. I bought it from a friend of mine who did a good job building it a few years ago, it was a good 37" tire jeep that performed. It was in JP a couple of years ago at Easter Jeep.

Former Specs
Chevy 44, CTM's ARB, 4.88's, Alloy USA Shafts
Currie High 9, Detroit, 4.88's Moser's
Dana 300
T176
Built 258 with Howell
37" Krawlers on Allieds
4 Link Rear on 1/4 Elliptical
OME SOA Front
PSC Hydro Asist

Here is a pic right after it was Finished The FIRST time:

Followed by a picture the SECOND TIME:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
So I bought the Jeep a little over a year ago and wheeled it pretty hard. I had a few problems, lost a ring an pinion in the rear, timeing chain issue with the motor, and I needed tires. So I had been collecting parts for my 1ton yj build and thought what the hell might as well tear it down.

New Specs:
GM 5.3
4L60E
Atlas 4.3
Ford HP 60, Detroit, 5.38's, Ten Factory Shafts, Bobby Long Joints, Slugs, Under Cover Fab Truss, Reid Knuckles, BTF High Steer
14 Bolt, 5.38's, Detroit, Disc's, Under Cover Fab Truss
New Rear 4 link, Heretic Lowers
Front 4 Link, Heretic Lowers
16" ORI's rear, 14" ORI's front
17" Raclines
43" SX's
PSC Full Hydro

I know there is a lot of thread showing in the JJ"S we used muffler tubing for mock up, and these are not the final product.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here are some more pics, Mocked up wheel based roughly 110 with my buddies 42 MTR's.

I'm using advanced adapters for the trans to transfercase, you can see the VSS installed with reluctor ring on the output shaft.

I'm also using 2010 Camaro manifolds to suck the exhaust in.

I used a Kevco pan as well, I was really happy with the fit and finish.

I also wanted to give Under Cover Fab some props as well. I've been extremely happy with their trusses, I put the front together last night, I should have some pics of that coming soon.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
They are Genright's at the frame, and ballistic at the axle. The local 4x4 shop in Louisville KY, www.moab-offroad.net, has been a big help with brackets, tabs, joints ect.

Here are some pics of the front truss. Don't be bashin on my welding skills.......

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,802 Posts
I may have missed it but are you using a stock cj frame? Nice looking jeep, looking forward to seeing the finished product.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I may have missed it but are you using a stock cj frame? Nice looking jeep, looking forward to seeing the finished product.
Yes I am, I thought long a hard about using the stock frame, I thought about buidling off a yj frame, but the CJ frame was in good shape, the cage was tied in very well, and the flat belly was already complete, and the rear was already reworked.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Pics of the engine and exhaust clearance. Also a pic of the space for the upper link.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 700 Posts