Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put a 95 22re in my 87 runner.The exhaust manifold mounting hole locations on the head are different than the 84 22re I replaced.I have exhaust leaks, I belive from the extra holes in the 95 head.The reason I did not use the manifold from the 95 22re is because there is no o2 sensor on it.How can I solve the exhaust leak.I was thinking of finding threaded plugs for the extra holes. If I use the Manifold that came with the 95 22re how do I resolve the o2 sensor issue.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Use the 95 manifold and get an O2 sensor bung welded onto the connector pipe from the manifold to the cat...

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
I put a 95 22re in my 87 runner.The exhaust manifold mounting hole locations on the head are different than the 84 22re I replaced.I have exhaust leaks, I belive from the extra holes in the 95 head.The reason I did not use the manifold from the 95 22re is because there is no o2 sensor on it.How can I solve the exhaust leak.I was thinking of finding threaded plugs for the extra holes. If I use the Manifold that came with the 95 22re how do I resolve the o2 sensor issue.
Or get the down pipe that is behind the manifold on the 95. That is where the o2 sensor is. Use that or have a bung welded into your new manifold.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts