Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was getting ready to order racing pedels and what size master cylinder do i need with mogs (front & rear) with drums. Do I need a single reservoir or dual and what size 5/8,7/8,1,? And this is for a comp buggy 1900 lbs.

·
Registered
6,588 Posts
I havent done anything with the stock drums but with discs I'm running a dual resevoir with 7/8's bore. Might wanna contact one of the vendors on here about what they recommend. Don Henry, Taradon, is a wealth of knowledge and I highly recommend talking to him.

·
Registered
7,069 Posts
I run all drums on my 404's and us a 79 bronco master and my stock YJ booster. Has good pedal and stops very well. Some people are using the gm master with 1+" bore size and are not getting the stopping power. I have not tried to lock them up yet put it will definetly stop quick.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
btt Thank for the info. Does anybody else have some info?

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
rockhumper said:
btt Thank for the info. Does anybody else have some info?
Stock 404 drums and using a single 1 1/16 master with vacuum boost. Works well although it does use alot of pedal and the brakes do have to be adjusted up well to not run out of pedal. Before I set mine up a posted a similar question and the most people said to run a 1 1/8 but I couldnt find anythiung that big.

Sam

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info

·
Registered
550 Posts
I run a 1 5/16's bore master from a chevy 1 ton pickup with a Toyota booster. It will lock up all 4 tires on pavement. Like Strange rover said, make sure that the brakes are adjusted properly.

Tass

1 - 7 of 7 Posts