Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the best onboard air setup belt driven or elec. What are you guys running. It is going in a 90 zuki.:usa:

·
Registered
4,719 Posts
Belt is the best but they do make some good eletric motor ones these days.

·
Registered
7,884 Posts
suzuki_man_83 said:
What is the best onboard air setup belt driven or elec. What are you guys running. It is going in a 90 zuki.:usa:
Belt for sure. I will be doing a writeup on my setup once it is completely done (like a week)

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
suzuki_man_83 said:
I have belt driven sanden. There's not much room under the zuk hood for a york, esp if you add power steering. I set it up to run at 250PSI (225 on, 250 off) max of 300psi components, all hoses and connections are 3/8" (except for the quick releases.). Works great, at idle airs up 37's while cycling, and does a great job reseating 36's. I did accidently short the pressure switch out, and watch the 300psi gauge go up.. and peg out. Was good for testing that adjustable pressure relief valve I got - it kicks in at 275 now. :D

Got everything from Grainger except the compressor.

The Grainger part numbers I used:

OBA (on board air), 250 PSI system.

Grainger part #

5WZ03 0-300 PSI gauge
4ZK10 125 to 300 PSI adjustable relief valve
1V632 35 to 250psi adjust pressure switch
4ZL29 Heavy Duty Filter
4ZK29 Mounting Bracket, compact filter
5X781 Bronze Air Check Valve
Z665 Air filter

It looks like this:

·
Registered
7,884 Posts
Jagged Jeep said:
Engine driven is the best way to go. The Trailhead does a little better that a York engine driven set up...but that is at idle. I just crank up my hand throttle and double the output of my OBA setup.www.onboardair.com has all the necessary parts for the buildup.

Ya, at 3500 rpm I fill a 2 gallon tank to 130 psi in 11 seconds.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts