Pirate 4x4 banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Got new crossmember in and t-case reinstalled.

I also put in the front bumpstops. I used some cheap poly bumps from amazon. The front lands on a platform I build on top of the panhard mount.

The drivers side I had a bit more room so it simply mounts to a piece of 3/8s I drilled and tapped a hole into for the bump, and welded it underneath the frame. It lands of the driver side upper radius arm bushing.

I also built some limit strap mounts on the axle side. They also double as extra support for the shock mounts.

Front suspenion tucked up. It has just under half an inch before the panhard nails the top of the axle if the bumpstops got smashed all the way. (Like going off a jump). The shocks use the remaining shaft at full bump when the suspension articulates. I also managed to get it so a 35 tucks up almost perfect in the fender, so a 37 will need minimal fender modifications.

The drag link is also bent to keep the joints from binding. I know you are not supposed to bend them, but it is built from 1.5" OD 1/4" wall dom which is pretty beefy and with the hydro assist it will not bend.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Didn't do much this weekend. Was busy with homework and the very interesting search for the proper hose fitting adapters. Anyways I got these brackets from ruff stuff for mounting shock reservoirs and welded them to the front of the shock hoops.
Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Motorcycle

Also cut some tabs for the frame side mounts for the limiting straps and welded them on.
Automotive tire Automotive fuel system Motor vehicle Automotive design Rim

That concludes the fabrication for the front suspension. Next step is to flip it around again and add bumpstops, limiting strap mounts, new body mounts (the old body mount crossmember is destroyed), and add a filler neck. I sent the pcm off to get tuned, ordered the last few plugs I need for the harness, got the rest of the parts to reseal the motor, and then I should be able to fire the motor for the first time.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts