Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
12,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You can't tell how nasty this hole really is, but other than myself the only other guy who could make it through has a giant healthy bbf with Ouverson rocks and 60" ags:

Hilltop tank trap/chili bowl - YouTube

Pulling Terry out of the hole, proved one to many times for my trusty rear High Angle Driveline. Magically vaporized the ball and socket component of the 1350 CV, but to be honest I think it had previous stress fractures and this was the straw that broke the camels back:

Hilltop mudbog pulling Terry - YouTube

Let me point out that I've had years of abuse and high horsepower clutch drops, and my High Angle Driveline has always delivered. Needless to say, Jess is taking care of me as always and I'm getting a great price on his uber 1410 CV which has a ball and socket of roughly double the size of my existing one. Looking forward to the upgrade, and its good to see that as always, Jess is taking care of his customers :smokin:

·
Premium Member
3,512 Posts
An auto would reduce the shock loading a bit:flipoff2:

With your power and tires I would say it fought the good fight, even the best parts have there limits.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
I cant believe you still had 1350s in there, you should know better :flipoff2:

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
It was a fun day even with the carnage:flipoff2:. One of the guys I work with, after seeing the extraction vid said: "Why doesn't that guy slowly pull you out?"
My response: "Pro puts on a show no matter what, besides makes for a better vid".:D
My stepson gettin' outta' the Big Green Hunka' Junk for strap duty. We were high centered @ front bumper on the ledge.

Attachments

·
Registered
12,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I cant believe you still had 1350s in there, you should know better :flipoff2:
Hell, the 1350 u-joints in the cv were fine! Guess I'll have to try harder next time :D

One of the guys I work with, after seeing the extraction vid said: "Why doesn't that guy slowly pull you out?"
Well shit, that just sounds boring. Its called a "snatch strap" for a reason. Hint: That means pedal down, yard that stuck beyotch the fawk out of there, not pussy foot around like a snatch.

But, you already knew that :laughing:

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Let me point out that I've had years of abuse and high horsepower clutch drops, and my High Angle Driveline has always delivered. Needless to say, Jess is taking care of me as always and I'm getting a great price on his uber 1410 CV which has a ball and socket of roughly double the size of my existing one. Looking forward to the upgrade, and its good to see that as always, Jess is taking care of his customers :smokin:

Wag the DOG much?:barf: Your post could have so much gone the other direction:(. After HOURS of research I found ZERO 1410 cv's. Who knew?

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Looks like you're wheeling in a big steaming pile of......:D:D:D
Fawk that BB sounds good

·
P.B.A.
4,376 Posts
:smokin:

Breaking shit is fun, you get to play the what just broke guessing game before you get out and look. Thanks for sharing the video.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I do not have much to add but;
I did the same thing with my rear shaft and I wholeheartedly agree about Jesse at high angle driveline, one of the best I have ever dealt with.
Old 1350DC

New
1410 based BAMF

·
Registered
12,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I cant tell but you running them titan ag tires? if so how they working out? That BBF sounds orgasmic
Yup, running the ags and they kick ass. They make boggers look like all terrains.

The mud up there is a really weird consistency, it was basically like trying to get traction on ice unless you had the ags.

Case in point (go ahead and skip one minute in):
Gorilla in the mist? Nope, just Terry. - YouTube

·
Registered
12,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I see the PNW is like Clearlake... Things like no seatbelts and riding in the bed are still legal! :flipoff2:
That's my trunk monkey :laughing:

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Wow, that's some weird mud for that Bronco to not hook up worth a piss.

Your big block makes my naughty parts feel funny man, god damn that thing is a monster

·
Registered
12,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Wow, that's some weird mud for that Bronco to not hook up worth a piss
What's really crazy, is that even the guys with cut boggers were having traction problems. Hell, Terry has a really healthy bbf, new 42" SX's, locked up front and rear and you could see how much trouble he was having on basically flat ground (it had a slight downhill camber, but still).

Your big block makes my naughty parts feel funny man, god damn that thing is a monster
Thanks, I'm glad you guys like it :smokin: Jess asked me last week (HAD Jess) why my truck was so popular (over 820,000 hits on just one of the vids). I think its because due to my racing and hot rod background I can't help but stuff a race motor in all my 4x4's, and who doesn't love high horsepower? That, and all I really did with SuperBeast was copy Bob Chandler's old school Bigfoot design and that translates as a real world truck that pretty much anybody could afford to do if they wanted. Good grief, I only had @3k into its original stroker motor and @4k into everything else. Granted, those figures have ballooned significantly in the last decade but its still a far cry from the high zoot $$$ rock crawler builds.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts