Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just picked up a jeep with 44 in rear, for some reason the rear is off to the left by 1-1.5 inch. the guy said it would be stronger with pumkin in line with tcase.

my question is can i put a spacer on the other side with out crazy unforseen engineering issues.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
using a wheel spacer WILL NOT move the offset of your axle . 1-2" is nothing really . Don't worry

·
Registered
7,069 Posts
Daveyclimber said:
using a wheel spacer WILL NOT move the offset of your axle . 1-2" is nothing really . Don't worry
I think he is saying the the previous owner welded the rear end in offset to the driver side 1-2" so the driveline would be perfectly straight with the t-case.

Just cust the perches off and recenter the rear end.

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
is the pumpkin off center of the whole axle? or is the axle sticking out one side farther than the other?

if its the second case then yes you can buy a single wheel spacer and run it on one side$$$$ or just cut the perches off and reweld them where it is supposed to be

BTW: if there is alot of mod/fab work on this then sell it b/c the guy who sold it to you sounds like he has lost most of his screws and the rest are loose

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
new cj

just wheeled the jeep the weekend seems to work well. like the stability of the width

1 - 5 of 5 Posts