Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Updated 2/19 One tons,Atlas,Hydro,on my FJ60

I will use this thread to up date my progress over the next couple of weeks. On saturday the 8th I packed up my stock pile of parts and headed down to Jeffs house "dogwalker" to help him get his TBI conversion finished and to put a Dana 60,14 bolt, Atlas2 4.3 ,and hydro steering done on my 60. Yesterday we slaped the Atlas in. I will continue to add pics to this as we make progress.

Out with the old:

Attachments

·
Discount!
4,539 Posts
I just grabbed his camera, off to the garage to snap some pics! Also gotta snap a pic of my exhaust manifold, so Butch can see what the air injection port looks like (does'nt have 4 small ones like the one you posted).

·
Registered
7,084 Posts
Jeff air injection is air injection, old school thinking was to shoot it into each exhaust port, then they figured out it did not matter, so they inject it into one large port. I know what they are, and unless you have an idiot doing your smog, either will work.
I meant to suggest, why don't you shitcan the AIR?
You could get a data decal from a PU with the same engine and use it.
Butch:flipoff2: :flipoff2:

·
Registered
10,178 Posts
texican said:
Jeff air injection is air injection, old school thinking was to shoot it into each exhaust port, then they figured out it did not matter, so they inject it into one large port. I know what they are, and unless you have an idiot doing your smog, either will work.
I meant to suggest, why don't you shitcan the AIR?
You could get a data decal from a PU with the same engine and use it.
Butch:flipoff2: :flipoff2:
An idiot doing smog checks in CA?? NO WAY!!!! :laughing: That has got to be the worst state in the nation. My dad was having problems smoggin his 1 year old toyota truck. COMPLETELY Stock and the moron was telling him "Well if you hadn't changed the exhaust there wouldn't be a problem" "IT'S STOCK RETARD!!!"

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
GloNDark said:

An idiot doing smog checks in CA?? NO WAY!!!! :laughing: That has got to be the worst state in the nation. My dad was having problems smoggin his 1 year old toyota truck. COMPLETELY Stock and the moron was telling him "Well if you hadn't changed the exhaust there wouldn't be a problem" "IT'S STOCK RETARD!!!"
Obviosly youv'e never dealt w/ the smog pricks of Washoe & Clark counties. we cant even have a different engine in our trucks other than what it came w/ even if its a fully smogged 93 TBI350 in an 84 fj60 :flipoff2: I'll admit California sucks but Nevada smog laws are worse.

·
Registered
7,178 Posts
i hate some of the laws, we cant run over 2" of lift, but if i want to put a 1970s V8 into my cruiser that is fine and dandy, if i want to run big loud pipes cool...but more than 2" lift, and you are busted :mad:

let see some pics of this soft top bobtailed fj60 :)

·
Premium Member
8,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
60seriesguy said:
Shweet! Justin, what are you doing with the t-case? What year is it? I may want it...
Sorry dude its already sold to "Nicholes" from this board. I had another one from an 87 but a guy named John Smtana from western Colorado stole it from me and If I ever see him again I am gonna beat his ass. Doubt I will ever get it back though:mad:

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
USFSIHC said:
... but a guy named John Smtana ...
So that is what he snagged, I was telling a few other dudes the story you told me about him but I couldn't remember what he yanked... a-hole.... Anyways, the project is looking good Justin, keep up the good work.:D

·
Banned
34,097 Posts
BJ On Roids said:
i hate some of the laws, we cant run over 2" of lift, but if i want to put a 1970s V8 into my cruiser that is fine and dandy, if i want to run big loud pipes cool...but more than 2" lift, and you are busted :mad:

let see some pics of this soft top bobtailed fj60 :)
Is the whole country like that? Or are there more lenient areas in other parts?

I had to have my last vehicle tagged in another state because of MD's fix-it or lose it BS laws.

·
Discount!
4,539 Posts
Hey Butch, I hear ya about the one port or two ports, I guess if the rail on the manifold you have will fit together with my stuff it would work.

Ok, I think it'll work.........send me you're address and I'll make the trade.

·
Registered
641 Posts
What are you doing with the old axels:D

1 - 20 of 59 Posts