Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched for open pit trailers, and ultra light trailers, with no luck. I am looking to a small light trailer with a open pit. Pretty much like what U-Haul lets you rent just lighter. If anyone could post some pics or give me a better search topic It would be greatly appreciated. Looking for something like this, but lighter and less shittified.

Sorry about the crappy pic, hope you get the idea.

BTW, looking for a bumper trailer not a fifth wheel.

·
Super Moderator
'82 Scrambler, '14 Rzr
62,007 Posts
Why? Trying to save weight?

Hell - get a standard wood deck trailer and remove some of the middle planks :p

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Tought about that. Would like to keep some class in my towing:flipoff2: . Yes weight saving is what Im after. My ass looks fat enough already.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
InfantryYJ, those are exactly what I need. I think most people sell them as Dirttrac car carriers or something like that. Thanks for the posts.

·
Registered
7,592 Posts
i cant post pics anymore cuz im cheap, but my trailer was homemade with an empty middle. its really light and it balances so its easy to move by my wussy little self. theres pics around i know it. jiMMy

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)

This one?
The only one I could find under your name using the search. I really can't tell if its open pit or not so i'm not sure.

P.S. Hell of a cruiser I think mine might end up looking like that pretty soon, cept gray and orange (Mockery is the greates form of flattery)

·
Registered
281 Posts
I looked into the light trailers when I had a half ton and the nicest were the Featherlight Aluminum trailers. The only problem was that they start at about $3500. Those homebuilt ones look cool. Bryan.

·
Registered
7,592 Posts
Sodder said:

This one?
The only one I could find under your name using the search. I really can't tell if its open pit or not so i'm not sure.

P.S. Hell of a cruiser I think mine might end up looking like that pretty soon, cept gray and orange (Mockery is the greates form of flattery)
thats it, here is another i found too. it is open pit style. thsi pic is SOOOOO old, but you can see the open area in teh trailer. jiMMy

gracias on the compliments.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Does the "over the wheel" type give you problems with excessive tounge weight? My truck isn't lifted (2002 Z71 w/ 285's) and Im worried about too much weight on the hitch. Only towed a vehicle once so Im getting everythin ironed out before I make some pulls.

·
Registered
5,545 Posts
convertiyota said:
Like this:confused::

This trailer is really light. I can move it around the yard by myself.

Your trailer is crying. :eek: Mayby when you sold the Sami and bought the Rockwells you should have upgraded the trailer.:flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2:

Dan

·
Registered
7,592 Posts
Sodder said:
Does the "over the wheel" type give you problems with excessive tounge weight? My truck isn't lifted (2002 Z71 w/ 285's) and Im worried about too much weight on the hitch. Only towed a vehicle once so Im getting everythin ironed out before I make some pulls.
in the pic with it all set up the cruiser is about 2 feet to far forward. it towed fine but i have since started loading it back farther and like it there. the only thing i dislike is going slower around corners but then again i like slow because its safe. makes it a tad top heavy but it cruises nicly down the road at 80(friend borrwed it once with his PSD) the deck on it is 100 inches wide.

you pretty much have to play around with your set up once you have everything and see where you need to load the rig etc.. in comparison with your tow rig. if its half ton you might need helper springs or air bags to help, or a load leveler hitch.

jiMMy

·
Registered
4,087 Posts
Azrckcrawler said:
My trailer is a 12 footer made by Carson Trailer, it was $1299.
You could of gotten the reg car trailer for the same price. Why did you go with the shorty?

·
Registered
6,217 Posts
jays68yak said:

You could of gotten the reg car trailer for the same price. Why did you go with the shorty?
That is a car trailer. I got it short because my rig is short. Why haul around extra weight I'd never use. It also fits nicely im the backyard with towrig attached or with the 4x4 behind it.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts