Pirate 4x4 banner

1821 - 1838 of 1838 Posts

·
Premium Member
29,437 Posts
September was a rough month, ready for 2018 to be over honestly.
:(

Your family has been in our hearts and minds over the last couple months.

I don't know if there is anything really to say.

on a totally unrelated note, what is going on with the steering dana 80 thingamabob that you were showcasing on book of face? bringing another build thread over this-a-way?

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,822
:(

Your family has been in our hearts and minds over the last couple months.

I don't know if there is anything really to say.

on a totally unrelated note, what is going on with the steering dana 80 thingamabob that you were showcasing on book of face? bringing another build thread over this-a-way?
Thanks Brother that means a lot.

Yeah I’m building a buggy. 4seater Tube chassis, LQ4/4L80E/Atlas 05+SD 60 front, offset SD D80 rear steer. The front clip I have for it is off an ‘89 S10 Blazer, so I’m not really sure where I’m going to put its thread yet.

·
Registered
6,279 Posts
Sorry the hear about your children. As a father of 2, i cannot imagine the pain of that. Are you planning on doing a thread for the buggy? I love the high end build, but love your thread for the average joe tech that makes me feel like I can build something similar.

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,825
hes a medic in the navy or marines I forget what branch hes in
Medics are In the army and Air Force. Navy has Corpsman, and they work for the Marines.

Sorry the hear about your children. As a father of 2, i cannot imagine the pain of that. Are you planning on doing a thread for the buggy? I love the high end build, but love your thread for the average joe tech that makes me feel like I can build something similar.
Thankyou.

I suppose I will make a thread for it, I appreciate the encouragement. Seeing these KOH rigs get thrown together in a matter of weeks is intimidating for sure. This buggy’s a schlow buildas I’m not using parts from Bones to make it happen.

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,826
Time to wheel! Got a short fuse invite to go wheel New Years weekend at windrock TN. Got Bones home from work, and swapped it over to trail mode.

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,827
Loadeding up.

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,829
well? How was Windrock? Did you kick some tail and wheel all the good trails?
Bout that... got distracted.
Yeah drove aboot 9ish hrs out there, and camped at the Windrock Gap campground. Really nice place.
Trails were extremely muddy from all the rain. Had a heck of a time. Spent most of the weekend in the Rs, or riding the nylon rope.

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,830

·
Premium Member
3,706 Posts
Hell yea buddy :smokin: glad y'all got to get out there and sling some schlop around. I've pretty much pulled cable on every trail I made it through at Harlan. Haha

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,603 Posts
Man, I missed what you posted about your babies. :(

My wife and I have been through 4 miscarriages, and I cannot begin to imagine what you guys went through. My heart goes out to you guys. Don't give up on kids, we ended up with 3 boys after all of our struggles.

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,833
Man, I missed what you posted about your babies. :(

My wife and I have been through 4 miscarriages, and I cannot begin to imagine what you guys went through. My heart goes out to you guys. Don't give up on kids, we ended up with 3 boys after all of our struggles.
Thanks Man. SO Sorry to hear about you and your wife's losses. Nothing can make that better or bring them back, but im glad to hear y'all have 3 kids now.
Romans 12:15

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,835
In driving Bones to work regularly, I noticed the temp start to increase once I got up to speed and +180°. It would run up past 230° and jump around according to the gauge. First I threw a thermostat at it.

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,836
Still did the same thing after swapping out the thermostat. I’ve been running a CSR electric water pump for years, and it didn’t sound too healthy along with leaking coolant out of the housing. Threw a new pump motor at it... didn’t fix the overheating indication above 180°

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,837
Still did the same thing after swapping out the thermostat. I’ve been running a CSR electric water pump for years, and it didn’t sound too healthy along with leaking coolant out of the housing. Threw a new pump motor at it... didn’t fix the overheating indication above 180°
I took a chance, and bought some GlowShift gauges. They’re FAR better than my old ones, and somehow it fixed the problem! That crappy old temp gauge cost me quite a bit of money, but I’m glad I got it sorted out, and have new, better gauges.
Bones is back to being a daily!

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,838
I took a chance, and bought some GlowShift gauges. They’re FAR better than my old ones, and somehow it fixed the problem! That crappy old temp gauge cost me quite a bit of money, but I’m glad I got it sorted out, and have new, better gauges.
Bones is back to being a daily!

1821 - 1838 of 1838 Posts