Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found another trailer I am considering. Please let me know what you think. Your patience in dealing with a trailer newbie is appreciated. When I started searching for trailers, I knew absolutely nothing, now I know slightly-more-than-absolutely-nothing, thanks to you guys.

My biggest concerns are the tire size - I'm going to have to replace them. I will work that out with him when we negotiate price. I'm mostly concerned about whether it is sturdy enough or not - the last thing I want is an accident where I kill someone cuz my trailer broke and my jeep became a 5000lb missile.

full details, with a lot more pictures, and bigger pictures:

http://www.rightcoastcrawler.com/LloydC/Trailer2/WebIndex.html

Please let me know what you think.

I have found out that the tires are NOT going to be big enough, and a set of 15 inch tires (the size I will need) will cost 600$. I'm thinking of offering him 1000$ for the trailer minus the ramp and tires (I will return those to him once I remove them), which will put me into it for a cost of about 1600$. This is in canadian funds.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I value all your opinions, and my good friend BillaVista's is the same, but to see Fyrman give it the thumbs down (working all the time with trailers) really has me convinced.

Thanks for the opinions and honesty. I'll keep looking.

(was first use of the fast-post-of-digital-pictures - just got a digital camera for Christmas. THAT part was cool.)

·
Chubby Chaser
26,105 Posts
It seems to do an alright job of hauling snow ;)

·
Registered
6,762 Posts
Mustard Dog said:
It seems to do an alright job of hauling snow ;)

Maybe a lawn mower...

The thing that makes me nervous is the little "rail" or whatever the fawk you wanna call it. They got just that little bit of rebar running around the top. That's what alot of manufactures use to add strength to the deck. Think of it as a suspension bridge...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts