Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been slowly watching for a cheap tow rig to move my jeep a couple times a year and hauling some larger stuff back to the garage and house a few times a year. Basically i'm looking at it as an occasional use truck, there are just times when a pickup would be much easier when moving axles, engines, stove. etc.

1997 Chevy Cheyenne 3500 HD 4x4 reg cab
5.7 vortec 350 5-spd trans. 130k miles
needs clutch. Many new parts on engine runs great, I started to do the clutch, have all new parts and over the weekend injured my shoulder and can't complete the job. almost 800 in clutch parts alone. truck also has a western uni-mount plow frame and wiring. truck ran and drove up to clutch going bad.Finish the clutch and you got a good 4x4 work truck.
Price is firm, I have over a 1000 just in recent parts.
Body is solid, just typical rust on bottom of doors, good tires.
New: water pump, distributor, battery and intake gaskets
price is $2200

Talked with the guy he tore his rotator cuff? all he has done is pull the driveshafts, but has all the clutch parts to finish the job. The last owner pulled a 2 horse gooseneck trailer with the truck and only occasionally plowed. Only rust is surface along bottoms of the doors and rockers, other than that said its solid.

What would the gooseneck hitch and uni-mount plow frame be worth?

Any thoughts or things to look out for would be great

·
Premium Member
3,033 Posts
IMO, the 350 isn't going to get you there fast, but the manual trans is a bonus. For the price I wouldn't say it's a bad deal, but our truck prices here seem very high compared to the rest of the country so it could just be me.

·
Premium Member
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I agree with the 350, it will get the job done just not quick. Ideally I will have my M715 as a tow rig eventually with a 5.9L 12v CTD and a NV4500, got most of the parts just need time which is the hard thing to come by right now:(
Heck i can always scavenge the vortech 350/NV4500 for some project down the line in a couple of years:)

IMO, the 350 isn't going to get you there fast, but the manual trans is a bonus. For the price I wouldn't say it's a bad deal, but our truck prices here seem very high compared to the rest of the country so it could just be me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts