Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, I just completely changed my plans for what I am doing with my K5. I just scored a sweet deal on a complete cab and front clip from a 57 chevy pickup. Complete with everything. Just needs to be restored. So, I am continuing to put the 14 bolt/Dana 44 on the truck, rear springs up front and a shackle flip in the rear. Sandblastin and painting the frame, axles, etc.

My question is this..... with about 4 inches of lift and that style of body, what size tires should I put on? this will be for show, as I am planning a crawler out of the Sami I have. I am just curious about what everyone thinks will look good. Real big? Or keep it around 33 - 35 inches? I plan on building a custom flatbed for it and impliment a roll cage/spare tire carrier into it.

Thanks for everyones .02 in advance.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
yeah, I'd stick with a lower stance and go with 33's or 35's. I wouldn't do mudders though... just an agressive all-terrain.

I like the old trucks with a wide stance, wide wheels, and just a moderate lift. They look too toyish when you start putting them way up, and if you're going show, you don't wanna hack the fenders...

share the pics... sounds like a fun project

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I knew I would get that. Nothing "extreme rockcrawler" about it. But, this is the only site I like to frequent anymore and just thought I could get some good feedback.
Progress is this..... Taking the cab and front clip parts to the sandblaster this weekend. Buying my dads farm truck to drive back and forth to work so I can start tearing down the K5 to the frame. Going to box the frame and sandblast it.
When you box the frame, do you move the fuel/brake lines, and wiring to the outside or just keep them ran inside?
4" should be enough for the 35's shouldnt it. And I really like the 35" Yokahoma Geolanders for this project. Good?

Should have some pics in the next week or two.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts