Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
tell me about them. good , bad, etc. im looking at getting one. i like the "between sport vs utility. better the the rhino, terex, etc. that are out there. still got a little utility but mostly sport. and i like the fact its not what you see every day like you do the RZR's i know the rzr are great but damn they are the only thing you see on the trail.

the 2013 commanders have upgraded the front visco-lok and there are after market "box" to solve the computer from lowering the power when the front end slips.
how is the durability, are you satisfied?, hows the durability compare to the RZR S. are the fox shocks better than the ones that come on the XT?
generally how do you like it.
cost is about $2000 more than a RZR S with power steering. is it worth it?
any help would be great dont want to tell the wife that its the greatest thing in the world then spend $15,000 and have problems.

thank you.

jim

·
Registered
635 Posts
The fox shocks are pretty decent stock but the suspension on the commander with the short wheelbase really suck at high speed whoops.
The front diff sucks even if it is a qe plan on it not crawling and be ready for the wheel to get ripped out of your hands when it engages.
Stock clutches hate crawling and slip the belt pretty bad at low speed, also you can't maintain one speed over a couple of miles or the belt gets hot and goes to hell.
There is a reason you see alot of rzr's on the trail and few commanders, I got rid of a rzr s for the first year commander x and couldn't hardly unload it after a year. Also resale value on commanders is horrendous compared to polaris stuff. They do one thing good and that is haul ass.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts