Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
anybody think this might be a good idea? ive got a set of all pros 5" fronts and i know they are going to be tall and not offer much flex, so i was thinking of replacing the main leaf with something longer like 89 up rear mains and taking out a leaf or 2 to loosen them up. the hanger is down 2.5" and forward 2". i havent made the shackle through the frame mount yet so i can play around with something longer maybe. what about the mazda 56" mains? i figured a longer main for more spring flex and the all pros secondary leafs for stability. thanks

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i read a few posts about how hes doing this too. he had suggested me doing this a while back with the 89 up mains, but now im wondering about going a bit longer with the mazdas. maybe longer is better?

·
Registered
27,885 Posts
i ran toy rear mains on top of the bottom 3 allpros(worked excellent) i think its in the FAQ. i dont use the 51'' rears, mazdas or anything cause the tire will be up into the firewall on compression, when compared to the 20.5'' front eye to center pin distance on the 48'' rears.....................

theyll fit perfect if you already have your allpro hanger and shackles mounted too...

·
Premium Member
23,549 Posts
Rockclod said:
ive got a set of all pros 5" fronts and i know they are going to be tall and not offer much flex,

if you have them why not try them out then decide if change is needed. i have the all pro 5" springs and couldn't be happier with them. i think they provide more than enough travel.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Rockclod said:
anybody think this might be a good idea? ive got a set of all pros 5" fronts and i know they are going to be tall and not offer much flex,
I say try them out first before you start making changes to the pack.
Here's a pic the very first time my set of 5 inch AP's flexed. I was checking bumpstop location on the compression side. Could have kept lifting but the guy in the forklift was getting nervous. I replaced the bottom leaf on the rear 5 inch AP spring pack with a load leaf to support my aux fuel tank, otherwise there would be more stuff. Again, they are brand new and had never been flexed yet.

Attachments

·
Registered
465 Posts
I've had them out on the trail for a couple of days. Very happy with them, they've settled in just over a couple of inches. Still may be a little tall for your setup/taste, but they do flex.
Could have used a spotter with experience that weekend, either that or I have to cut my doors down.

Attachments

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Booger Weldz said:
i ran toy rear mains on top of the bottom 3 allpros(worked excellent) i think its in the FAQ. i dont use the 51'' rears, mazdas or anything cause the tire will be up into the firewall on compression, when compared to the 20.5'' front eye to center pin distance on the 48'' rears.....................

theyll fit perfect if you already have your allpro hanger and shackles mounted too...
BW, wouldnt bump stops help the stuffage problem? thanks for the info .

cuatroxcuatro, and sniper, its just that i look at these things and they dont look like they would want to flex much. thanks for the cool pics.
why was the bobcat driver getting nervous? hes caged up. you guys have a pic of your shackle angle when you put the new springs on? what was the angle like?

·
Premium Member
23,549 Posts
all pro springs in (poser) action. sure looking at the allpro springs sitting on the garage floor thay don't look like they would flex, they have a huge arc with out a load. once on the vehicle and settled they aren't too tall. give them a try, i'm sure you'll be happy.

Attachments

·
Registered
465 Posts
Rockclod said:
BW, wouldnt bump stops help the stuffage problem? thanks for the info .

cuatroxcuatro, and sniper, its just that i look at these things and they dont look like they would want to flex much. thanks for the cool pics.
why was the bobcat driver getting nervous? hes caged up. you guys have a pic of your shackle angle when you put the new springs on? what was the angle like?
I'll look for a shot of the shackle angle and I'll post it.
They guy in the bobcat was nervous because he had never seen anything like it before, and he was worried about flopping the truck.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ill try them out to see what they are like. i appreciate the help. the pics you guys posted show some sick flex. id like to see the shackle angle when ever you have a chance. what was the angle like when they were first installed?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts