Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I went to rebuild my top end in my 86 kdx200 and I was dealt some bad news. Apparenty the person before me bored it out so much that they ended up going with a 250 piston. I had it miked and it was 72 thou over. Turnes out the sleev is soooooo thin it is going to need a new one. My question is do I put it all back together and just sell it and buy a newer kdx or is is worth it to fix it. I bought the bike for 300 bucks and I have put a few hundred into it since I bought it and I am not sure it is worth the extra 400 to get it resleved.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
send it to L.A. sleeve.

you're probabley not going to find another 86 kdx for 300 bucks.

spend the 400. then look at it as a kdx with a brand new motor for 700 bucks.

edit-- have you tried any bike wreckers?

·
Registered
704 Posts
I've had my 86 kdx sleeved twice and bored to 220. Just sold the bike for 1K to a friend. Went to buy a 4 stoke and they all have about half the power of my old kdx, try to hold on to that bike:)

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
like hawaii said, a little $ spent now and you will have a basically a new bike for less than $800. thats a sweet deal no matter how you do the math. remember a new bike costs 5k+ and if you crash its costs $$$$ to fix. your bike will cost a LOT less to repair if you bale. Do the math and keep it dude. just my .02

JJ

1 - 4 of 4 Posts