Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did a search and couldn't find a straight answer, will I have bleeding or operation issues mount the orbital with the ports sideways or even facing down? Space in my buggy is tight and I can't put the orbital where it was with the 22re I had, with the 4.3l I am swapping in the headers and orbital are trying to take up the same space. I am looking at flipping it upside down under the dash then building a splash guard around it in case of a line failure.

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
The answer is No don't mount it with the ports facing down.....however lots (including myself) mount with the ports on the side or bottom.

I was going to put mine with the ports on the bottom but PSC advised me not to. They said air would get trapped which made sense to me. However I could not mount it with the ports up so I just rolled it onto it's side.

Again mounting with the ports facing up is the safe bet!!

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Hook everything up and bleed the system with the orbital loose and the ports pointed up, keep the hoses connected and spin it upside down and tighten it down on its mount. Also, you probably know this, but make sure your reservoir is the highest point in the system...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts