Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a stock Jeep PS pump from a 4.0 motor with internal reservoir. I just pulled it from a running motor, it has no problems. $30 - Still available

I also have a steering control unit for sale. I just pulled it from my buggy, it had no problems and always worked smoothly. $50 - Edit: Sale pending
charlynn steering control unit
127-41 MF-10
2415027-002
Open center non reactive 4.5 cu in/rev Series 4 with Power Beyond
Five ports
Also, it has SAE 6 ports, is rated 4 gpm flow, and 1800psi maximum system pressure.

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Will this steering valve work on a Toyota? Does whatever you said mean it will steer even with no power? What about return to center (kinda)

·
Premium Member
2,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Will this steering valve work on a Toyota? Does whatever you said mean it will steer even with no power? What about return to center (kinda)
When you go to full hydraulic steering you're kind of out there in "fabber/builder territory". It worked on my buggy with a toyota axle but it's certainly not a stock part. As for return to center, no. A non-load reactive steering control unit stays where you put it, which can be good and bad depending on the situation. It's nice not to be fighting it in the rocks but it's tricky to be steering it back on course on the street. As a general rule of thumb if you use a single ended hydraulic cylinder (cheaper) you probably want a non-load reactive orbital. If you use a bling double ended hydraulic cylinder and your steering geometry is correct you want a load reactive orbital.

(hehe, tech in a for sale thread :) )

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Yeah I am well into builder/fab land! I was thinking of going full hydro but thinking I want it to return to center. My junk and no where near street legal so not worried about that.

·
Premium Member
2,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I am well into builder/fab land! I was thinking of going full hydro but thinking I want it to return to center. My junk and no where near street legal so not worried about that.
Return to center is nice, especially if you spend any time on the street (I'm thinking of Harlan where anybody on anything is allowed to drive on the street.) When you're making your decision be sure to check out the prices.

$400 double ended cylinder
$100 cylinder mounts
$100 clevis ends for the tie rods
$? tie rod for each side

I just went through this exercise recently and decided not to add that much scope to my project. BTW, those prices are based on my memory from a conversion with POS. They should be pretty close.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts