Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plan to deal with Expedition Imports for all the parts I can as he was helpful in many other threads like this one. http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=557847

Okay I was able to tear into my parts and take some pictures of the numbers on my front axle. I don't have an axle ID tag on the housing any longer but there is a bunch of numbers on the housing, shafts, portal box, and I am not sure what number to use to order parts.

I was told that the chassis number from the donor of this axle was 406 120 10 032220. Do any of these numbers help?? What number or numbers are useful?

Here is the pictures some of the numbers that I found.

Axle shaft # 416 330 08 01 (long side)

Axle housing # 406 35 103 15 1129 92 (long side)

Axle housing # 421.351.02.15 1935 72 (short side)

Portal housing # 416 331 04 05 (driver side)

I have decided I have to completely rebuild the axle (seals, bearings, u-joints, and kingpins). I didn't have a choice on the kingpins.

U-joints not sure what style these are but they are in rough shape with all the rust.

·
Registered
391 Posts
When I get back to the office I can pull the data card and that should list the axle number. With that we can spec the parts needed. Just start making up your list of what you need as you dis-assemble.

Cheers,

Scott Ingham

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Inside them where? The gears are all in good shape as well as the bearings but not the seals or kingpins.

There was quite a bit of water in the housing though, but no rust in the housing which is good.

I just need to replace all the seals, locker o-ring (which I have 3 already) and the kingpins which may require shims also. One side already had shims the other didn't.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts