Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at WWS two years ago and a knucklehead in camp was shooting D batteries into the air with his Mepp gas high powered Potato gun.

I have lots of pictures of him and his activity.

He seemed to think what he was doing was perfectly legal. Legal, I do not know, stupid and dangerous I am sure.

Maybe he could leave the Potato gun at home as well.

BigJim

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
I saw a guy shooting a potato gun a few weeks ago. I don't really care if they are shooting potato's responsibly but spreading trash around? :shaking:

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Potatoes biodegrade quickly. Not a huge deal.
I was talking about the D batteries in the first post...

·
Premium Member
4,730 Posts
From the California Penal Code Section 12301 (Posession of a Destructive Device):

The term "destructive device," as used in this chapter, shall include any of the following weapons:
(1) Any projectile containing any explosive or incendiary material or any other chemical substance, including, but not limited to, that which is commonly known as tracer or incendiary ammunition, except tracer ammunition manufactured for use in shotguns.
(2) Any bomb, grenade, explosive missile, or similar device or any launching device therefor.
(3) Any weapon of a caliber greater than 0.60 caliber which fires fixed ammunition, or any ammunition therefor, other than a shotgun (smooth or rifled bore) conforming to the definition of a "destructive device" found in subsection (b) of Section 479.11 of Title 27 of the Code of Federal Regulations, shotgun ammunition (single projectile or shot), antique rifle, or an antique cannon.

What this means is that pototo guns are destructive devices as defined in the California Penal Code and have been successfully prosecuted on many occasions. I am not trying to be a dick about it and realize that these things are great fun if used safely, but using them in the Rubicon is just plain LAME.

If it happens again, you can take pictures that identify the users and submit them to the National Forest or Sheriff's Office (depending on where the offense took place) in a timely manner and they will prosecute.

I would suggest politley asking the offender to stop first if you feel that is a safe alternative.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I remember seeing something on the news about the old spud guns a long time ago, 10 yrs maybe. I thought they said it was a felony to have and shoot one?

3 days later my buddy and I built two of them:D

·
Registered
333 Posts
Potatoes

biodegrade quickly not a big deal......

Thats what people used to think that spalttered Sh%$#t all around thought. Trash is trash. Do you like flies and maggots ???

1 - 8 of 8 Posts