Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
YEAH, so we found a new track in the proving grounds, these old creek beds, are only recently opened up cause of the drought, so these tracks would have been small creeks at some stage, AT ALL TIMES we have the natural environment in mind, oil leaks and spills are cleaned, trees are driven around, although we have cut fallen trees up and removed them from the path to allow us to drive it!

TWIST IT, i need some tube fenders like nolen:
oh yeah and what do y'all think of my kangaroo hunting lights? :flipoff2:

Attachments

·
Registered
7,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Yeah, so they said, you need a bit of throttle to climb out of that there little waterfall, at 35:1 final drive with the 42s, its all about skinny pedal, they said, there was no chance of a rollover :flipoff2:

i launched up it two or three times like this, and i dont think the axles were happy with me :D

Attachments

·
Registered
7,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I drove it back onto its tyres from there :flipoff2: so it doesnt really count as a flop right?

i can remember my engine was not a happy camper cause it wasnt getting enough oil to stay running, despite the fuel delivery not being a problem cause its diesel BAY-BEE!!

anyways greg had a mighty good go too, but was denied :D LAUNCH that zuki----thing, with hilux axles!! twin cases, holden six, soon to be a V8!!
:flipoff2:

Attachments

·
Registered
7,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
FOR heaps more GETIT pics check here:

http://www.outerlimits4x4.com/PHP_Modules/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=22205#22205

I cannot beleive the flogging those longfields have taken, JasonM that second set you sent me, he has destroyed inner axles, with his 38.5x16" baja claws, he is the black extra cab minitruck with exo and HUGE outerlimits stickers on his rig! He is grateful for the longs but dont get on the net much!!

The other guy in our group running longs "ruff" was running longs, too but a BAD barrel roll has made him spotter/passenger, winch bitch for a few months!! but rest assured when he start driving it again, well get more carnage!! ;)

My setup seems to be holding except I blew a u-joint on the front shaft, actually it spat the ear off my shaft, when i landed an earlier hill, similar pic to the above one, but picture a driveshaft exiting violently upon landing, and the axles and stuff survived UNREAL :flipoff2:

·
Registered
10,444 Posts
Flog em boys :)

·
Registered
7,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Jason M said:
Flog em boys :)
you can bet if one blows down under it will be our crew :flipoff2:

but i am honestly amazed at the abuse they have suffered through

my 42s on my machine landing on launches like that would have broken EVERY SINGLE time with stockers, even with 35" tyres!!

Mine are still fine :eek: :p not a mark on them...cant say the same for the stock axle...but hey!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts