Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
7,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Mount is made from 1/2" plate, as is the plate on the outside of the frame, all 4 bolts are sleeved and welded solid.
BTW Mace this is your old box, the rock ram is visible on the floor in the background.......
Butch:flipoff2: :flipoff2:

Attachments

·
Registered
10,444 Posts
is that hydro I see on that box???

definately not going to break ;)

You edited it after I responded :)

Who's rig?

·
Registered
7,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's my favorite *******.
Dusty's
got to have it ready by Thurs evening:confused: :confused:

Butch

·
Registered
10,444 Posts
Cool..
What type of steering does it have (i.e. cross over or x under, SU/SO)

If I can do anything to help..

BTW, the high pressure line that I sent you is inverted flare on one side and o ring on the box side. If that matters..

Also.. 6an is the size of the output on the side of the box.,

·
Registered
7,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We are installing the Hi steer from rockbuggy, like the one I posted a couple of weeks ago, I ordered 2 of his kits at the same time. have you got a detailed pix of the ram mounting on yours?

Butch

·
Registered
10,444 Posts
I am not sure that the mounting on mine will help you much. I ended up using a 1.5"x4" welded ram because of space limitations. The ram is actually located in between the Tie Rod and the Draglink. Remember that My Hy steer arms were made very short so the ram had to be as well...
How much higher than the Leaf springs do the HY steer arms sit? It probably would not be too big of a deal to mount the ram directly to the pumpkin with some sort of bracing on it. then run the ram directly to the TR. Usually it is better to mount the ram to the TR instead of the draglink but that is not cast in stone (it is a lot harder to bend the draglink with the ram attached to it)
So you could probably weld it to the front x member and then make it attach to the draglink. You also want the pin in the ram to be perpendicular to whatever it is attaching to. That way the movement of the steering arms (front to back of the truck) will not tweak the ram mount. So if you mount the ram on top of the axle, the hose holes should always be on top.. I know Nolen has my cell # (not that cell's work very well in Vegas) so if you want to give me a call I am at your service..

I'll get pics of the mount that I did tomorrow

·
Registered
10,444 Posts
Did the return get bent?
I have another one that I can send you tomorrow..

·
Metal-tech'in
1,588 Posts
texican said:
It's my favorite *******.
Dusty's
got to have it ready by Thurs evening:confused: :confused:

Butch
I thought so by the color showing!

Mark

·
Registered
10,444 Posts
Ahhh, the gorgeous search button reveals all ;)

I'll find more..

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
mace, what is this hose you speak of? will it be long enough to go to the gm saginaw box from the pump? part numbers? im interested!

·
Registered
10,444 Posts
Mounted on Mini's

Supposedly a bad idea...

·
Registered
10,444 Posts
Mr McGee said:
mace, what is this hose you speak of? will it be long enough to go to the gm saginaw box from the pump? part numbers? im interested!
No part numbers. it was custom made for the setup that I had. Basically it was a 77 Cj with a six banger hose with a Oring fitting on the box side..
Ask butch what his plans are for it..

·
Registered
10,444 Posts
How goes it butch?

·
Registered
7,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
we were too damn busy doing other work today to do much, we had to get the two brackets opened up to fit the pins on the Ram, and I went ahead and got the pitman arm reamed out, to fit, I had this one reamed from the bottom up, so the drag link should be virtually flat, let Josh take it down to my bud and watch the Bridgeport, now he wants one big time......he was telling Josh about a machine shop close by that just upgraded to CNC and has 3 for sale with digital readouts for 4k each.........now if I only had 4k laying around doing nothing:confused: :confused:

We have to wrap it up tommorrow evening so you probably won't hear from me til late....
Butch:flipoff2:

·
Registered
7,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Mount on tie rod, we thought long and hard about a clamp method, and time is short so we did this, we can always pop the tie rods to adjust the toe in.
Mounts are 1" steel with the holes milled, this one is at an angle to get the ram level.
Butch

Attachments

·
Registered
7,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Rear trac bar Josh made from some old front trac bars off the 94-02 Dodge 4x4, they are solid.
Butch

Attachments

1 - 20 of 27 Posts