Registered
4,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Re: Over filling auto tranny?????

biggnome said:

Filter replacement?

Overhaul?

Overhaul with new converter?
had a bad bushing in the pump, had it replaced and inspected, also got all new seals. I am sure it is overfull, but not sure if that is the only problem. It runs great up to about 25mph if I have it in drive or overdrive, if I have it in 2nd or 1st runs great. When you hit 25 it acts like it did when it ran low on fluid, engine rev's truck stays the same speed almost like its kicking into 1st

·
A fucking killer
7,803 Posts
liliysdad said:
The biggest problem with overfilling is that the fluid can become frothy, and lead to overheating, and air in the system.
yup. and with the air in the system if you have a auxiliry (sp?) cooler, it won't work nearly as well, if at all. ANd with a 700 you need all the cooling help you can get.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Over filling auto tranny?????

NE-RokToy said:

had a bad bushing in the pump, had it replaced and inspected, also got all new seals. I am sure it is overfull, but not sure if that is the only problem. It runs great up to about 25mph if I have it in drive or overdrive, if I have it in 2nd or 1st runs great. When you hit 25 it acts like it did when it ran low on fluid, engine rev's truck stays the same speed almost like its kicking into 1st
Do you have reverse? Can you feel the shift from 1st to 2nd? What if you get right on it and wind out the gears then let off does it still rev? Or does it kick into 4th(if its getting 1st and 2nd)?

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
you can feel it pull when you shift it into first or reverse, and can feel it shift into second. However if I put it into drive and floor it and let off it doesnt just shift into drive and keep cruising.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Ok, so you're not getting 3rd or 4th? This is the 700R-4 with the governor running off the output shaft? If this is the case and the fact that you had a complete reseal done(piston seals and all, I assume), it sounds like you have a cut seal. Possibly 3-4 clutch piston. But not looking at the tranny myself, I can't be 100% certain. Sorry man.

·
Registered
16,673 Posts
On a side note, I knew a guy in HS who over filled his, when the fluid expanded it came shooting out of the dipstick tube onto his headers...and caught fire.

Bryan

1 - 11 of 11 Posts