Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there such a thing? Weather is crappy now and I need to paint my rig since it is bare metal. Close to sacramento would be a plus ;)

·
Registered
11,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
not enough room - I got my 57 chevy and my bug in there, neither are mobile and both need paint too

Can I use yours? Is it heated? ;)

·
Registered
201 Posts
Rent a storage unit if it will fit. Cover the walls and floor with plastic and give it hell.
The only places I have ever heard of renting bays and paint booths is on military installations. You need a military i.d. for that one.

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
There have been places like this, but the seem to go out of buisness pretty quick. Anyway it is usually more cost effective to do all the prep and have maaco or similar shoot it. Also if you go to an auto body supply store and talk to the guys there usually one of them, or someone they know, has a half assed booth in his garage. These guys will just shoot the car, no body work or prep, for less than you could rent a booth for. Some of them are good painters some aren't.

·
Registered
228 Posts
:D Why not take it to the local High School and let them shoot it in autobody class,It's usally free and you don't have any clean up- :D

·
Registered
11,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Gordon said:
There have been places like this, but the seem to go out of buisness pretty quick. Anyway it is usually more cost effective to do all the prep and have maaco or similar shoot it. Also if you go to an auto body supply store and talk to the guys there usually one of them, or someone they know, has a half assed booth in his garage. These guys will just shoot the car, no body work or prep, for less than you could rent a booth for. Some of them are good painters some aren't.
The vehicle I am painting now has to be factory color and those places have set colors they use.. only.. even if I bring the paint!!

I towed it all prepped to a local place and he quoted me 3k!

Looks like the plastic and the propane heaters are goin up in the garage..

·
Registered
11,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
mulescj8 said:
:D Why not take it to the local High School and let them shoot it in autobody class,It's usally free and you don't have any clean up- :D
thought about that.. damn my high school didn't have auto shop let alone a paint booth!!

·
Premium Member
17,818 Posts
Brandon said:
Looks like the plastic and the propane heaters are goin up in the garage..

Only way to do it right..... do it yourself and save the cash.

Provided you can do it right :D

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
Brandon said:
thought about that.. damn my high school didn't have auto shop let alone a paint booth!!
Local community college. Or if ya wanna drive it to NC you can use mine :flipoff2:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts