Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just picked up a D44 solid front. whats the best way to knock the rust off of it? wire wheel? how much does bead blasting ussually run, and what kind of shops do it?

thanks

justin

·
Fistful of Boomstick
45,473 Posts
if you plan on blasting it also plan on completely taking it apart :D the media will get in it everywhere unless you seal the bitch up good.
i just usualy degrease it,wire wheel it,wipe it down with acetone and grab a spray paint of choice :flipoff2:
i like the rustolium hammered

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
I use a grinder and take it to bare metal. The spots I can't get to, I hit with a wire brush on a die grinder. Then go to napa and get a can of the zinc primer for bare metal and prime it good. Then on goes the hammerite... Works very well and seems to hold up pretty good.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I used a 40 grit on the air sander and cleaned it up great. Just needed to use the wire wheel on the ends of the tubes where they tie into the pumpkin. If you can spring the extra couple $$ get some POR to paint it with.

·
Registered
20 Posts
like the other i use a wire wheel, but usually i already have it stripped down to a housing but you can just do it with out going that far. I have used from spray can to air spray paint, they all will come off on the trail. lol :grinpimp:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts