Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
54,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
putting the front end back together and it's going to sit for a bit till the motor goes in then drive lines and a few other odds and ends so i had an idea to keep rust off the front calipers i thought about a little rattle can anyone do this, see anything wrong with this idea. figure when i was ready to roll i'd just wash it off with brake clean.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
VHT makes high heat brake paint........

Summit and Jeggs sells it. I also say Eastwood has some.

www.eastwoodcompany.com

·
Registered
85 Posts
I've used regular old Aervoe hi-temp engine enamel from the hardware store with good results. I did it on a Z28 that I drove the wee out of, those brakes got HOT and I never blistered the paint.

·
Registered
17,017 Posts
Same here, hi-temp engine enamel. I cleaned the calipers real well, masked off the apropriate areas and did 3 coats of bright red. It's been 6 months and the paint has held up fine.

Hef

·
Man Child
24,725 Posts
If you don't feel like spending the money on high temp engine enamel just buy black BBQ paint.... works like a charm and is durable as all hell.

·
Registered
671 Posts
wipe it down with an oily rag or whatever. the rust wont hurt them anyway. hell the rotors on the 3000 GT rust up over night.

on the caliper if they set up long enough like a year the pistons will rust and F your calipers all up... if i were to do anything it would be to push the piston all the way in to keep the rust away from them..
peace
Jw

1 - 10 of 10 Posts