Pirate 4x4 banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
thhhpptthh!
46,933 Posts
I see where it says it is, but I've just spent the last 30 minutes trying to use my already established customer credentials to log into the Online Streaming page. No dice. When I go back into the main SiriusXM portal, log into my account, and click "Add Streaming"... it promptly tries to charge me $4/month to add the service. :shaking:

Maybe it's just me. :homer:
Thats because the mobile APP is free, you still have to have a streaming subscription. ;)

The app is free, and streaming to your mobile device is included in the cost of a SiriusXM Streaming subscription.

·
Registered
8,476 Posts
Thats because the mobile APP is free, you still have to have a streaming subscription. ;)
Just downloaded it and tried it. Same log in screen, same "we don't recognize your username/password" message.

I'm thinking the free streaming must not apply to folks like me who subscribe to the "Mostly Music" plan (i.e. the cheapest plan). Figures.

·
Registered
24,653 Posts
I paid for the annual Pandora Plus just to avoid the adds. I have no complaints, but it's mostly background music anyway

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Sirius only includes the streaming free if you have an all access plan. we have all access in one car, and the mid level plan in the other, since it can't get the extra stations from all access anyways...

·
Registered
29,929 Posts
Sirius only includes the streaming free if you have an all access plan. we have all access in one car, and the mid level plan in the other, since it can't get the extra stations from all access anyways...
so that explains it.

when we put a new radio in the wife's car and transferred the subscription it ended up as a siriusxm sub.

·
Registered
22,077 Posts
Just created a slacker account and seeded a new station with some of the shit from my pandora thumbsup list.

We'll see what happens.
Cool.

It's all I listen to, ever since ScottFJ40 recommended it back in the day. :laughing:

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
I see where it says it is, but I've just spent the last 30 minutes trying to use my already established customer credentials to log into the Online Streaming page. No dice. When I go back into the main SiriusXM portal, log into my account, and click "Add Streaming"... it promptly tries to charge me $4/month to add the service. :shaking:

Maybe it's just me. :homer:
You either have to pay the $4 a month or have the ultimate package. I just went on there and it seems they also took away the option to pay quarterly. It's now a year up front or by the month.

·
thhhpptthh!
46,933 Posts
Cool.

It's all I listen to, ever since ScottFJ40 recommended it back in the day. :laughing:
Well, Slacker was pulling up good music until it played the 3rd commercial. After that it locked up and I had to restart chrome everytime a commercial came on.

So I opened it in exploder, and it crashes that every 15 minutes.

:laughing:

guess i'll go back to crapdora.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I used Pandora for a while, but I've been almost exclusively using Slacker as my only streaming music source for about 3 years now.

I like it better, their algorithm, or monkey pushing a button, or whatever it is they use, has done a much better job of playing music I like based on what songs I've told them I like or dislike better than Pandora ever did.

I really like some of their "stations" too. Artist DNA is great, they highlight an artist, play music from that artist, music that inspired that artist, and music inspired by that artist.

I've got Prime too, I've tried to use their streaming, forced myself to for a few days, but wound up back at Slacker.

Slacker's free version gives you something like 6 skips per hour, and about 1 minute of ads ever 7-8 songs.
x10000 , Slacker>Pandora

·
Registered
3,455 Posts
I gave up on pandora and went to spotify and have been very happy with the free service. they give the option to watch a commercial(20-30 secs) and then 30 minutes advert free.

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Well, Slacker was pulling up good music until it played the 3rd commercial. After that it locked up and I had to restart chrome everytime a commercial came on.

Weird, I run Slacker on an old droid in my shop, I can go maybe 72 hrs continuous before I get an "Are you still here?" pop up.

·
Premium Member
3,206 Posts

You have an ad blocker on?

When using the website on Firefox, it'll often hang up when it goes to commercial unless I disable Ad Blocker on the page.

Used to you'd just get however many minutes of dead air instead of commercials when using Ad Blocker, but now I have to reload the page if Ad Blocker is on and it goes to commercial.

·
thhhpptthh!
46,933 Posts
You have an ad blocker on?

When using the website on Firefox, it'll often hang up when it goes to commercial unless I disable Ad Blocker on the page.

Used to you'd just get however many minutes of dead air instead of commercials when using Ad Blocker, but now I have to reload the page if Ad Blocker is on and it goes to commercial.

Will disable ABP and try again. Thanks. :beer:

·
Registered
91 Posts
My beef with Pandora is that they play way to many Live versions of songs. Most of those suck.
Yep. I'm convinced they must pay less for the rights to live music than studio. Can't stand the sound of an audience in the background, just kills it for me

For all you Android guys; if you don't know there's the .apks floating around for Pandora one, unlimited skips, no ads, and the ability to download songs to your device

·
Premium Member
829 Posts
Pandora blows. I gave it the boot years ago. I do pay the $4 a month for Slacker no ads, unlimited skips. Have a $40 Android tablet in my toolbox that runs it all the time. Works great other than having to restart the cheap tablet every now and then. I really started using Slacker because the let you ban songs and artists. Pandora would still play shit I would thumbs down where on Slacker if I hear something I hate I can ban it forever.

I have Spotify too. It's nice if you want to listen to specific songs and not just let it do its thing. I was delegated half ass DJ the other night for a friend's birthday on a party bus and Spotify was really nice for an on the fly playlist. While it's playing I was taking suggestions and add them to the list.

21 - 40 of 48 Posts