Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 20 of 264 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This Build started off as a LAB302 chassis build, it was wanted to crawl with but also had to be 100% KOH safety Tech Passable cause of the possibility I would one day run it at KOH in legends! Its is my Truck and the build will be finished and documented on this build page. The previous link was http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/toyota-truck-4runner/1563450-lab302-chassis-1-a.html

Engine is a 5.3ls L33 block
Built th400 trans
Atlas 4speed tcase
60 front axle, solid industry knuckles and high steer arms, RCV axles
corp 14 rear
5:13 with detroit lockers
King 2.5 coil over 14" front 16" rear
Kink 2.5 2" bump stops
Master Craft 3g seats, Fuck mastercraft
Mcneil Racing Carbon Dash, Fuck them to
Artec truss front and rear along with link kits
Ron Davis Radiator
Full PSC steering 2.75" ram
Pacific Fabrication amazing 5.3 oil pan
the list gos on and is always added to!

The Pictures will start with the cab the way I got it, then jump to the way I got it returned to me! I would like to thank Jason W., Ethan Zoglam, Tad Chrum, John Jordan, Corey Hall and Corey Fisher! Without you guys I would have sold this and not chose to repair and move forward with it!!! Also Houston at SUPERIOR OFFROAD (503)-674-9515 for always trying to get me the parts I'm after!!

Jason W. was planned to finish this build for me and has gone out of the way, cutting off and repairing mistakes FREE of cost no one could ask for a better friend!

The cab the day I got it

The truck the Day I got it back from LAB302.

Hope you all enjoy the show! And well if you don't....:flipoff2:

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Its been slow and long as I've been busy with work but the Panty Dropper has taken big changes since I got her back!

First we started with some Demo, originally the motor was gonna be removed threw the bottom of the chassis along with the trans. When I got it back that was not possible, the motor couldn't actually be removed and I'm kind hard on motors so that had to be fix. We were gonna just change the top tubes and removed the front shock mount but when we took the cab off and found little things like

We made the personal choice to demo the front end so 4 of us set to it and this is what happened

And suddenly bow we had a clean slate to work with!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Next Jason W. set forth to make sure I not only had a fully functional front end but one that the motor could be removed from and looked great. Its not fully welded yet but is sitting on the ground again and we wanted to share it!

When building the new front end of course we would need shocks and mounts, the previous ones bound with movement of the axle in any direction and were cut off and replaced.
Before

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
After

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just a couple additional pics of it on the ground and such

There will be a cross tube in front of the motor from shock mount to mount

Seat and shifter mount

Yes we know the center tubes and top tube is not centered but they will be VERY soon

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Last ones for the day.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
so you brought the roller home and proceeded to undo everything?
I would prefer to say I brought somewhat of a roller home, without drive tran mounted and proceeded to improve on things, motor removal and shock bodys not binding is pretty important to me

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Why redo everything? It was sick before
Encase u didn't read above where i explained it, the motor could not be removed, the shocks all bound with axle articulation the top tubes running to the shock mount had gaps big enough at the cab to finger, sick does always=function. Every change is explained along with supporting pictures :shaking:

·
Registered
418 Posts
It's Corey Fisher. And you know you made the right choice. The rig is sick and it will turn out better than you ever hoped. There is a lot of good knowledge on here but you are in good hands.

·
Premium Member
617 Posts
The gap in the first pic of your second post is pretty gnar.. I like the TIG:D

Are you metal inert gassing the tube to tube joints?
Yep mig welding most of it. Love to tig everything but trying to keep the hours down where I can since so much is getting re-done.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Looking good guys. I need cornfed to build an Exo on my flying carpet! 👳
He said he could help you on saturday just give him a heads up so we can plan a wheeling trip first! :flipoff2:

·
Slow Poke
69' Jeepster Comando
3,612 Posts
Saw this build on facebook. Looks great man. I will be checking out here and there. Keep up the good work.

1 - 20 of 264 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.