Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a chance to get any of there 1911's for half or better off MSRP . I never thought I wanted a 1911 until now . I can't pass a good deal up or will I hate that I got a large frame gun. I just shoot for fun mostly and have a kahr cw40 now and like the width of that.
I wish this deal popped up when I got my AR

·
Registered
8,018 Posts
I have a Remington R1 Enhanced and really like it. It has a great fit, shoots very well and functions great. The finish is my only complaint, the finish on the beavertail safety looks like it's coming off and came that way from the factory. There are also a few nicks in the finish showing bear metal. I don't know where they are from, but it doesn't affect the function of the gun and the shop I bought it from gave me an additional discount from their sale price because of it. Remington offers a free 1 year check up, where if you send them the pistol within the first year, they will go through it and repair any problem. I have yet to decide if I am going to send it back. The Enhanced are cut for Novak style sights, where as the other models I've seen are GI sights.

I don't think you can make a wrong choice with either of the guns frankly. Para makes a good product as well, I just have no personal experience with them, so I can't make a comparison.

·
Registered
3,609 Posts
I like all 1911's, i have a few Springfield arms.....

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
You cannot go wrong with a 1911. Especially at that price point.
If you get it and hate it, shoot me a PM.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
are those two brands comparable or better than a rock island?

·
Registered
7,777 Posts
I've never owned a Para, though I have handled/shot them and they seem absolutely fine. I have an R1 that I absolutely love, every bit as accurate and tight as my Springfield and my Sig....GREAT bang for the buck imho.

·
Registered
492 Posts
I really like my Para Black Ops 14-45, half price would have been awesome. It's nice if you like a wider grip as well. Would consider the Pro Custom at that price point too. Honestly, I'd want more than one Para at that pricing :grinpimp: Gimme the Pro Custom, Executive Agent, and a stainless 18-9 please :p

·
Premium Member
17,878 Posts
I really liked the warthog, but if you are used to the slimness of the Kahr, you'll hate it.

·
Premium Member
18,529 Posts
Go with whichever is prettiest and/or cheapest.

·
Registered
9,708 Posts
I have a Para 14.45 and its a handfull for small-medium hands. Its also heavy. The main reason I bought it was Para was one of the few if not only one to offer a 14+1 .45ACP handgun back in the 90s/2000s.

I shoot it accurately without any problems. Its definitely not what I consider a "carry" weapon...unless wearing a full OWB holster and a snug belt.

·
Registered
11,202 Posts
I haven't done more than looked at a more recent para 1911, but the old canuck ones were pretty dang nice fit and finish wise.

Do they even offer a 1911 any more? I looked at their site a while back to try and find one and all of them had those stupid LDA FCGs.

·
Registered
591 Posts
I haven't shot a Para, but my basic R1 has been great. Polished the feed ramp and it feeds pretty much everything flawlessly and is very accurate. As mentioned previously, the bang for your buck value is great, and it may be the highest of any firearm I currently own.

·
Premium Member
17,878 Posts
I have big hands, so they worked for me, but I'll stress again:

If you have small hands, I really doubt you'll be able to effectively use a para double stack.

·
Registered
608 Posts
I've had a Para GI Expert but have also shot a Remington stainless 1911. Both were nice guns but the Remington fit finish and trigger felt more similar to Kimber/colt/springfield quality to me. That being said, the GI expert is Para's entry level gun some maybe their other models are finished better.

·
Registered
134 Posts
My EDC is a Para p12-45, has been for well over a year. With 13 rounds loaded, it's noticeably lighter than my officer size Ria empty. I have small hands and still find it very comfortable to shoot. The grip panels are pretty thin compared to a single stack 1911. I'm no expert, but I would go with a Para, no question.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts