Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
86 chevy k30 no a/c its the military version if that matters.

i can not find this switch anywhere. even the one LMC truck shows doesnt look right. just wondering if anyone has been though this before and has a part number or somewhere to order one from

and all the ones im seeing are plastic this is a chrome/metal looking one that actually screws into the back of the heater control

·
Registered
6,936 Posts
give me a day to look through all the stuff i saved from the cucv i parted out. might have one.

edit: all i have is a dash bezel.

i did find the switch listed at Americanclassic truck parts.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
I take it this is the switch style you found on LMC;

If not, and it's thats what you are after, you can get them at Napa.

Post a picture of what you have if its different.

Alex.

·
Registered
14,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I take it this is the switch style you found on LMC;

If not, and it's thats what you are after, you can get them at Napa.

Post a picture of what you have if its different.

Alex.
yeah thats all im finding also. ill take a pic and post it up, but i wont be near the truck til like tuesday. i even stole one that looked like it out of a 76 k20 my boss bought for the engine and it was different it has 4 positions. off, low, med, high.

i googled it and found a pic of what it looks like

but says thats for

1980-1982: Scottsdale; All Engines;
1980-1982: Silverado; All Engines;
1980-1980: Cheyenne; All Engines;
1980-1980: Custom Deluxe; All Engines;

eh, maybe ill order it though work now that i have a part number and see what happens

·
Registered
14,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
some times they are too specific and will have you second guessing what you really have/need. if it doesnt work i have a couple of old head units around.
cool. might take you up on that. what i remember with what little memory i have, i built my 86k30 with parts from my 85 k5 which was also a military version and the switch wouldnt work. it was the same amount of prongs and positions but the plug wouldnt work in the back so thats why i kept this one.

if the acdelco one isnt right ill take a pic of the front and back and post it up

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Napa, HC397
applications (in general) 73-82 1/2 - 1ton fullsize pickups, burbs, SOME Blazers and Jimmys
4 terminals.

Napa, HC332
applications (in general again) 73-82 variety of Blazers, Jimmys and Burbs
4 terminals.

Napa, HC131
apps, 1974 1/2 to 1 ton van.
4 terminals.

You'll note all the switches themselves are virtually identical except for mount style. Added the van one just becuase its a military app, and you never know what franken mix of parts they may use.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts