Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a link to someones site the other day where he was patching a sidewall with someblack goop. It was a whole writeup about how to. He was using the same stuff as bead seal. Does anyone know what he was using or have the link??

·
Registered
2 Posts
I think he was using urathane ( the stuff to install front windshilds) i only recomend it to get home.:D

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
ZUK said:
steve---here ya go http://dreamwater.com/zuk/beadseal.html It probably has alot of potential for use as a tire patch....it's all in the preparation.

well he is not patching a hole in a side wall..Just using the sealant to cover where the cord is showing from some missing rubber.Thats a bit different then useing as a patch..Like it has been said,,only drive on a sidewall repair to get home..usally the curv of the tire and the flex of the side wall will roll what ever the side wall is repaired with off anr you have a leak again...

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
I drove on a 32" BFG mt that had a sidewall patch. A big one too... One day, I hear a wierd noise. Hmm... Must be that old ass truck next to me. Then I keep hearing it after the truck passes me... D'OH! I pull over, tire has some nice big pieces missing...

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
TRD said:
VERY DANGEROUSE TO DRIVE ON TIRES WITH A SIDE WALL PUNCTURE
You guys are assuming that one will use this on a daily driver. A sidewall patch is a great idea to save money ON A TRAIL ONLY RIG. It only has to hold 3-5 psi.
BTW, This is a hard core rock crawling forum. Never assume that we drive our trail rigs to work every day.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This question was about using a tire that looks a lot like the ones shown in that link for TRAIL USE only. They hold air but there are pieces of the rubber gone just like in ZUK's pictures. So you guys are saying that if it holds air that you think this "patch" would be ok for trial use. And as I hate to say we dont have many HARDCORE trials here in NC but I do as hard as they come around here.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts