Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, I know I should stay on the Rover board :flipoff2:

I'm fixing some major front-end wear on my gutter contractor's Pathfinder. Long story short, I fawked up (it was fawked up, it got fawked up, I don't know how the fawk it happened, it's fawked) the snap-ring that holds the CV joint in position on the hub.

Making matters worse, the owner wants it day after tomorrow to take it on vacation.

Anybody got the specs on this snap-ring so I can get a replacement, or is it some super fancy Nissan part only available from the dealer? Local dealer is worthless, Indianapolis is great even 120 miles away.

That hub is a heavy fawker :flipoff2:

Peace,
PT

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Your talking about this snap ring right?

I broke one awhile ago and I just took the one off the other side, went to the autoparts store and matched it up with a new one. I dont think its a nissan specific part.

·
Registered
25,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool. Hopefully, NAPA will have one.

Thanks. For a minute there, I was having visions of Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance :flipoff2:

·
Window Licker
14,754 Posts
You should be able to get them at a decent hardware store if the parts store doesn't have them. Just try to match the thickness as well.

·
Registered
25,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It was surprisingly easy to obtain the correct snap-ring at the local NAPA.

Damned thing went right together and the owner was overjoyed at the change. Alignment went off without a hitch.

Peace,
PT

1 - 5 of 5 Posts