Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't think that many people here have used my site much recently, but I think those that have have appreciated it. I do not make personal profit off of the site, I only use it to pass along tech info., pics, and just good 4x4 info as I get it. I am about to start a tube buggy using custom-built portal axles and was planning on covering the buildup on the site. However, I have just been informed that the company that was hosting my site is closing their doors and the site will go down as of the end of this month.

www.patoyee.com was always just for the enjoyment of myself and others. There are dozens of tech and comp pics archived on this site from www.patooyee.com. And since it has always been non-profit, and I have never been wealthy, I have always relied on the kindness of others to host it. (The sheer voluum of data stored there exceeds the capacity of all affordable hosting plans even if I COULD afford a standard plan.) If there is anyone out there who has enjoyed my site and has a free/cheap source of quality web hosting, or has some that they would like to donate, I would appreciate if they could PM me. Credit would be displayed proudly on the site of course. Thank you in advance.

I know that to some people, patooyee.com going down does not matter. I know that most people on this site never even knew it was there. And I know that some of those people will naturally want to put it down and insult it. To me, that says more about them than my site. So go ahead and do your worst ... it never has affected me.

This may belong in Chit-Chat. If so, feel free to move it. Thank you for your attention.

Sincerely,

J. J.

·
Registered
34,267 Posts
patooyee said:
I........... I am about to start a tube buggy using custom-built portal axles .............even if I COULD afford a standard plan.)..............
J. J.
I know why you can't aford a new site:flipoff2: good Luck, I'm sure there are still FREE websites, off-road.com?

·
Registered
11,607 Posts
how much space do you need? You can keep your domain name for $7/yr or so through godaddy.com and host it somewhere free.. no popups and the yearly fee is less than dinner :)

·
Super Moderator
'82 Scrambler, '14 Rzr
62,010 Posts
How much space? I pay like $15 a month or 450mb of space, and am using just under 400 for my site (which went down today for the first time in years ironically enough :p )

·
Registered
11,607 Posts
DRM said:
How much space? I pay like $15 a month or 450mb of space, and am using just under 400 for my site (which went down today for the first time in years ironically enough :p )
I pay $7.77/mo for a gig and it has been very reliable, MySQL, multiple ftp accounts, etc..

·
Registered
6,987 Posts
I pay $135/yr for 9 gigs. If you're interested PM me and I'll send you the link to the site. The provider is awesome, fast. and has never given me any trouble.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
don't let it go down man, its your kind of website that I enjoy surfing the most. I haven't been there in a long time, but I did surf it thoroughly.

·
Premium Member
3,983 Posts
I like your site too as I am hoping to build my cj5 very similarly to yours and I like to get ideas from you. Thanks for trying to keep it up and good luck-------Kyle

·
Registered
257 Posts
hope something works out. I love your site and was showing my dad pics of your jeep when he visted me on thanksgiving. You got a sweet site and like I said,I hope for the best.:p

·
Registered
5,351 Posts
how about if you have used info from patoyee you paypal him $10 or so? if 20 out of 25000 users do this, he can keep it hosted for a couple of years.

SeanP

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
My host is $240 a year or so, 2.5 gig space, and 200 gig monthly bandwidth...ran 30 gig last month and they didn't blink....and now that my readers rides is back up, it'll jump to 40gig quickly...

GoDaddy has domain registrations for $100 for like 8 years.

I understand how those expenses go....gets nuts sometimes...

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Ive got tons of hosting space available on my website. If you want some hosting fire me a PM.

Jon

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Come on J.J. you can not let this go down. You need to hook up with these guys that have pm'd you and move it over. If you need any sort of support $ wise I will see what I can do. Maybe an early X-Mas present for ya.

Steve

·
Premium Member
12,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
WOW guys! I never expected this much positive feedback! I've received several PM's so far. I am at work right now, so I can't go over them right now. But I will think about them tonight and get back to every single one of them. I can't thank everyone enough not only for the support, but also for the positive feedback on the site in general. I never cared how many people read the site, just that the ones who did found it helpful. And now I know that it has been! Thanks again!

J. J.

·
Super Moderator
'82 Scrambler, '14 Rzr
62,010 Posts
redneckengineered said:
I pay $135/yr for 9 gigs. If you're interested PM me and I'll send you the link to the site. The provider is awesome, fast. and has never given me any trouble.
Brandon said:
I pay $7.77/mo for a gig and it has been very reliable, MySQL, multiple ftp accounts, etc..

Well crap.... I need to do some price shopping then :eek: :p

1 - 19 of 19 Posts