Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do Shannon Campbell, JT Taylor, Ben Napier, Bill Phillips, Loren Healy, Jason Scherer, Jesse Haines and Dean Bulloch all have in common?

They have won King of the Hammers and/or are TOP 6 Ultra 4 points leaders - AND - they are ALL PCI Customers! Join the winning team!

PCI Race Radios has all your Communications, Navigation and safety equipment covered for the upcoming King of the Hammers Race. We will be ONSITE Sunday, February 5th - Monday, February 13th. Our 80' rig has everything you need for last minute items, service, support, GPS help, helmet wiring, you name it! With over 35 years of service and support, PCI will be here to help you with your communications needs for years to come! We ONLY offer high quality products that will get you to the finish line first!

We look forward to a week of FUN on the dry lake bed. Please come by and say hi to Jimmy, Jorge, Rhiannon (myself), Scott, Weatherman and the other staff that will be out there! As always, come by for a FREE"check-up" and we will test your radio, intercom, meter your antenna, make sure your GPS is loaded with the current software, best GPS settings for race use, check that your Head & Neck Restraint is properly fitted and even show you how to use your GO PRO Camera! KOH has not asked us to teach another GPS class this year, but if you have any questions or would like to go through your GPS with me and get a "mini" class, please come by!

PCI Race Radios Contingency:
King of the Hammers 1st Place - $300
UTV 1st Place - $100
Smittybilt Every Man Challenge 1st Place - $100

·
Slingshot...Engaged
644 Posts
It's not HD, just so ya know, and it doesn't have some of the features the other ones do. It's a nice GPS though. Keep in mind two things. It doesn't come with a mounting bracket, its meant to be mounted flush, and it uses a micro SD card instead of the standard SD card.

·
Premium Member
7,489 Posts
Is there a down side to the micro sd? I have the adapter for my phone/laptop, so getting the download isn't an issue, right?

Will this GPS get the job done? I know its not a fancy unit, but at this point, its the only new one in my budget:(

·
Premium Member
2,639 Posts
Is there a down side to the micro sd? I have the adapter for my phone/laptop, so getting the download isn't an issue, right?

Will this GPS get the job done? I know its not a fancy unit, but at this point, its the only new one in my budget:(
I borrowed one last year, worked very well but im a gps newb. I bought one as its the budget friendly unit with a remote antenna wich is mandatory. They had no issue downloading the course on the micro sd, that ya gotta buy seperately.

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Only un-mentioned downside to the Elite is the lack of the trip calculator. There is a Beta software version that has it, but they haven't released it to the public. We put it on our website so you can try it if you would like, works great, just gives you a "BETA version" warning when you power the unit on. I would suggest using it for now and then replace with the full version when it comes out

www.pciraceradios.com/Elite5mBeta.zip

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
UPDATE: PCI will be arriving in Hammertown Late Friday Night/Early Saturday Morning. We look forward to seeing everyone there!

·
Premium Member
7,489 Posts
Only un-mentioned downside to the Elite is the lack of the trip calculator. There is a Beta software version that has it, but they haven't released it to the public. We put it on our website so you can try it if you would like, works great, just gives you a "BETA version" warning when you power the unit on. I would suggest using it for now and then replace with the full version when it comes out

www.pciraceradios.com/Elite5mBeta.zip
Is this something that you guys could do for me on the lakebed?
I really don't wanna mess with this thing, just plug it in, and follow the pink line:laughing:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts