Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
10,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen a few articles about running a swinging pedal assembly on a old Jeep. However nothing has been specific. Can I run a Toyota minitruck pedal assy???

What did Sam do on slinky?

·
Registered
10,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
:confused: :confused:

·
Registered
6,023 Posts
I have been looking into it myself. There was so little information available on what could/would work that I am leaning towards wilwood. My current part list looks like this:
260-1333
260-6766
260-1304
340-1287
340-1290

I may or may not use their master cylinder since I have a new corvette master... Hopefully this thread will shed some more light on the subject.

Kevin

·
Registered
414 Posts
Also... if you have the original pedals, I have a 42 Willys MB that I am in need of some pedals for... so let me know :)

-Matt

·
Registered
240 Posts
A guy in our club borrowed the pedals and brake and clutch cylinders from his neighbors datsun(I think,anyways a little truck like that.)for his flattie and has had no problems.

·
Premium Member
1,175 Posts
Freiends of mine have used the pedals & master from AA.

·
Premium Member
1,302 Posts
Just finished a '48 CJ-2a project and we used the swing pedals for a CJ with the power break components. We also used the clutch and clutch master for Saginaw 4 spd tranny. We did have to cut the pedals to shorten them and reshape the floor, but they bolted up to the dash realitively easily. Like any retrofit it just took a little adjusting.

·
Registered
774 Posts
I've put two flatties together using the cj style pedals, a little trim of the length and slight angle change. Also gotten away with using the hydro clutch parts in them.

·
Registered
6,023 Posts
Glenn's article in the tech section is really good, but I think what he (and I) were looking for was something other than wilwood. Like a-la pic-n-pull. I have put together the wilwood shopping list because I have not found anyone using much else.

·
Registered
10,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yep, cheap and reasonable. I am thinking that a Cruiser pedal assy might work..

But I have to look closer

·
Registered
10,490 Posts
Jason M said:
Yep, cheap and reasonable. I am thinking that a Cruiser pedal assy might work..

But I have to look closer
Probably, I'm sure it was copied from a Jeep at one time or another:flipoff2:

I have heard of people using crap out of F-bodies on later CJ's.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
This may not be xactlee applicable . . .

Using YJ topswing pedal set in my '62 Willy CJ-5 cause of the hydraulic clutch, power brakes, etc. They will fit in my tub with little mods. I also heard that frame flax was hell on the old pedals that went through the floor. When I pulled mine apart, that rumor was validated. CJ-7 MC and booster with a proportioning valve for the rear disks, YJ MC for the clutch, Cheb slave. PNS is a beautiful thing:p

·
Registered
10,490 Posts
mtadams said:
So does anyone have their original Willys pedals around? I could use all 3... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

-Matt
Might have clutch and brake. Gas pedal got shredded when I tore it apart. Wasn't stock, anyway.

·
Registered
414 Posts
LAME said:

Might have clutch and brake. Gas pedal got shredded when I tore it apart. Wasn't stock, anyway.
Thanks! Let me know whats up when you find them or whatever...

-Matt

·
Registered
292 Posts
I'm running the pedals out of a 72 Datson pickup in my flatty. It has the same bolt pattern for the master cylinders as on the early 240/260 Z's they are the double bowl for the brakes and are pretty cheap at PNP. I didn't have to cut the pedals to fit I just beefed up the firewall. I'm also running an aftermarket CNC slave. I think I still have the orginal pedals here. If your interested let me know I'm in Roseville.

·
Registered
10,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ScottP66CJ said:
Jason,

If you are going a clutch cable route try a Samari assembly. Them are a small assembly and are power brakes to boot.
Interesting idea. I was thinking that I would go hydraulic clutch but I guess a cable is easy enough.

Does a 302 adapt to a cable clutch well??
:confused:

·
Registered
414 Posts
SLADE said:
I think I still have the orginal pedals here. If your interested let me know I'm in Roseville.
If you do, I am definitely interested. You can call my cell 916-548-6605.

Thanks,
Matt

1 - 20 of 24 Posts