Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking for all mountain/downhill pedals. Looking at Crank Bros. 50/50 and Azonic A-Frames. Any input on these? Bigger the platform the better, I have some goofy ass big feet.:D I'm open to any other companies similar to these styles. Thanks

·
Premium Member
16,327 Posts
take a look at clips ... i was afraid at first but it makes controling the bike a lot easier and you dont have to worry about your feet coming off the pedals.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I second the clips. I ride with SPDs, and you can get out of them in a hurry if you have to. It becomes second nature pretty quickly.

It's nice not having to worry about your foot slipping off because the pedal is wet, muddy, etc.

I've heard good things about crankbros egg beater style pedals as well...

·
Registered
142 Posts
if you go Clips I like Time ATAC over the Shamino SPD's. just MPO. but if you go flats I LOVE the 50/50's super grippy. but get the grub pin set. without them they are slick. some people hate them, and say they fall apart. I have a set with 3 seasons of DH and FR on them that say different I think they just don;t know how to use locktight. hope that helps good luck!

·
Registered
59 Posts
It depends on what type of riding yuo are doing. I am a clipless guy through and through have ridden the Shimano SPD's since they first arrived and still ride them EXCEPT when I ride the North Shore here in Vancouver. You need to be able to eject quickly in all directions. As for SPD's I'd go with the XT and for flats go for the Kona Wah Wah pedals. Great grip, can be dialed up or down by removing the pins, and dosen't matter how bad you mash them you can always remove the pins and put new ones in as the install from underneath as you casn see in this link http://www.asilvertouch.com/articles.php?id=242

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies. I bought a set of azonics after reading over specs and reviews. Plus they came in at about 30 bucks cheaper. About the clips, i'm going to start looking at those when i can scrounge some money for pedals and shoes. Thanks

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
My calfs thank me for going to shimano clips. My bear claws were tearing me up.:D

·
Registered
255 Posts
If your woried about your feet slipping off the pedals check out the 5 ten mountain bike shoes. they have super sticky soles. I used to wear shin guards when I rode trials, now i never do. they last a long time too if you dont wear them to the mall. I think Marzocchi was making a pair with the 5-ten sole too, but they look like golf shoes. cheers

1 - 11 of 11 Posts