Pirate 4x4 banner

21 - 40 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
12,514 Posts
That sucks man :(

I imagine it is an extra pain to have your car out of commission or in a body shop too, since you can't just get a random loaner or rental :/

·
Gravity Works!
30,945 Posts
That sucks big time :(

I just read a post on FB where a young gal had a pickup truck on a two lane road come over into her lane (so she says but...) and made contact with her driver side of her car smashing the fender / door and leaving truck red paint on it. The truck driver never stopped, just sped up and gone. People were in front and behind both drivers and... Nothing.

I had a car hit me while I was driving a VW beetle back in the early 80's running me off the road and into a huge tree at 35 mph. He never stuck around either.

·
Registered
66,773 Posts
Kind of fucked to not only not do a report, but to not even lie to you and say they are going to do it

People do lie but cops aren't people. :laughing:

Fuckin drag Frank. Time for a go fund me on some camera monitors. Srsly.

·
Legend
1,905 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,771 Posts
My car got side swiped in the parking lot at the office. This is the second time in a couple years. No one left a note. This time it wasn't just paint transfer it left a dent too. I hope karma takes them out.

·
Super Moderator
'82 Scrambler, '14 Rzr
62,013 Posts
If it makes you feel better, I pulled a :homer: earlier this week and hit a car pulling out of a parking lot... let a note with my name and number on the windshield and we're working through insurance now.

Having integrity and morals means it gets expensive sometimes :p

Attachments

·
Rolling Mod
04 Wrangler Unlimited, 67 F100
41,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
What color was the offending vehicle? Check all of the cars in your neighborhood that have a matching paint color.
Looked like white paint. I'll look better today in the light.

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
This reminds me of a time I hit a parked car. It was at the county courthouse several years ago. I was running late for a court appointment concerning my divorce. I was in a hurry and like a dumbass I dinged the car in the slot next to mine while I was pulling in. It was a fairly nice late model Cadillac with fancy wheels. I basically scratched the shit out of their passenger side rear fender, about 4 -6 inches of ugly. I took a pic with my phone for posterity, left a quick note with my info and hauled ass into court. When I came out the car was still there and so was the note. I left and went about my day. I never heard a peep out of the guy. Not a phone call or anytging. I figured that someone had a court date that they didn't want their spouse/SO/parents to find out about, so the bit the bullet and pitched the note. It's the only reason I can think of why the wouldn't want me to fix their car...

·
Registered
4,926 Posts
any local businesses around that have cameras? and intersections that have cameras? it may take a lawyer (and maybe your insurance will do this) but if you know the time it occurred you may be able to find the car

·
Meet me at the bar
1,167 Posts
Yup. Insurance said to call police. I did, 4 officers show up and say that their is no need for a report as their are no witnesses and leave. Grrr, I'm just pissed.
I had a motorcycle stolen out of my driveway and called the sheriffs, we don't have police here, they come and and said "well what do you want us to do? We don't have time and resources to look for your bike". I told them yea I get that but if you bust a meth house or something and my bike is there I would like it back. They just looked at me and said its a waste of time. Never even took a report or my vin #. :mad3: Don't expect anything from them.

·
Rolling Mod
41,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #36

Attachments

·
Registered
24,326 Posts
:laughing:

Here it is where it was hit.
They fucked up every panel:(

Had someone do that to a car of mine.... as a bonus, the side morror broke off but the wiring was well attached enough for it to swing around and break the front window too:laughing:

They drove off.

Came back about 20 minutes later. ... said they dropped a pencil.... and were in a rush to pick up their kids from school.

Lady that lived in the neighborhood. Very glad that she came back.

Whoever hit you is a giant douche.

·
Rolling Mod
41,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
They are supposed to put a roundabout 3 houses down from mine. I hope it cuts down the through traffic and speeding, but I doubt it will do either. :(

·
Damn kids
14,329 Posts
Your new van? Dude, that sucks, I am so sorry.

The only good news is that (in most states, anyway, not sure about Commiefornicate) this would be classified as a non-chargeable accident with - in some cases - no deductible and no rate increase.

21 - 40 of 72 Posts