Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seriously...? This year is off to a bad start! Lets us pesants sitting at home see all the new bitchen rigs, haulers the new trick stuff!! Help us out!

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Pictures

Its insane here!!!!! There are SOOOOOOO many rigs and people and things going on that all you have time to do is chat and snap pic after pic. I took 50+ in the first 10mins. Everyone who stayed home this year better be here for KOH 2014 because this is the most amazing event in the world. Its insane on that lake bed right now as i type this. There is still a line of people pouring into hammertown right now at 10PM the night before the race and a MASSIVE group of rigs are on chocolate thunder right now getting it. Its unreal!!!! Choppers flying around rigs everywhere enough vendors and parts to build a full rig on the lakebed. And some AMAZING food and energy drinks everywhere!!!!:grinpimp:

Less than 7 hours of sleep and then going hard for another day. 22 hours straight today!! KOH RULES!!:grinpimp:

·
Registered
706 Posts
A few more....

These poor guys lost a tire and a starter at the same spot. The co-driver had to walk to Hammertown to get a new starter. They did it, and moved on!

009.jpg

010.jpg

011.jpg

012.jpg

013.jpg

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
in my tiny little mind.

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
Here's mine from the week. Lots from qualifying both days and the start of the EMC and main races. Didn't get any from the rocks this year as I spent the day at pit 2 for the EMC and my cammera batteries died after the starting line shots from the main race. Anyone that wants a full res copy of any of my pics PM me and I'll send it to you.

http://public.fotki.com/mrboyle/explorer_4x4_trips/koh-13/

·
Not a Wenzelite
36,696 Posts
Hammer Town in the background on Fri night from the top of Chocolate Thunder
I can't believe (ok, I believe, but wasn't expecting to see) you take the ambulance up to CT. No wonder you weren't in camp every day.

Nice to meet you.

Oh, and if you're buying a quieter generator, the guys in my camp will pitch in. :flipoff2:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts