I've got an older, permanent magnet winch motor (MileMark 9k) and recently burned up the solenoids accidentally while doing engine work.
I picked up a 12v, permanent magnet motor contactor, hooked it up per instructions/google wiring diagrams, and all I get is clicking, but no motor movement. I can power the motor directly with jumper cables and it works fine.
I've to 21ft. of 1 ga. from the rv/marine battery to the contactor, and 4ft. of 0 ga from the contactor to the winch. I'm using a Warn three wire remote.
Here's my style contactor/solenoid and wiring diagram/setup used.
What am I missing/doing wrong?
Thanks in advance for your help, comments and replies.
A forum community dedicated to custom off-road vehicle owners and enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about trail reports, builds, performance, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, fabrication, drivetrain, and more!