Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 20 of 327 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
PHISH's SPAWN TOY ON MOGS BUILD

Well it is about time to start a build thread . I bought a set of 419 diffs about 2 years ago and thought for awhile on what to build around them . So I bought a 1990 toyota extra cab 2 wd pick up from a friend . And then did some milk crate time to figure out how to avoid some of the pit falls that Cory had doing his build with Mogs . So I started buying parts and more parts and came up with this . It has a rear engine 406 to a freshly built 700 r4 and a Atlas II 3.8 . The 419's had to be flipped and painstakingly jigged and rewelded and then reassembled . The rotors are turned down to be able to run 16.5 rims if I ever wanted . Plus they are way heavy as it is , then the calipers were ditched and a set of willwood dual pistons were swapped in . Then a set of 2.5 triple Kings are going on all 4 corners . Stations 10 inch rams front and rear . The pinion conversions are from Killer Axles but they are currently at the machine shop getting fitted for a bearing on the end of the tube .Its 4 link front and rear .The links are 2 inch 7075 t6 aluminum and the joints are 1.25 from Summit Machine . The tires are 46 Mickey Claws on 20 inch Stazworks double beadlock Rims Here is a few pics . I lost all my pics of the truck when I picked it up but here it is now .

Attachments

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Toby thanks so much for the tires , heres more pics

Attachments

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ran into a snag

Ok so I am assembling all the accesories on the motor and the power steering pump hits the rear tube work . Now its a P style pump from Station and it not only hits the tube work it will interfere with the links and the drive shaft sitting low on the motor . I was thinking of running dual TC pumps up on the heads to get the flow I need for a 5500-6000 lb truck turning 46's with 4 wheel steer . Any thoughts ? I know there is a PSC 4.5-11 gallon a minute TC that is mega bux . Is this the only way ? What do you guys run ? Thanks in advance for any help .

·
Vertical Limits
5,037 Posts
gear pump like the monster truck guys run. the one from surplus center has a flow adjuster and pressure adjuster on it. less than $200
pm millerxc on here to find out. he runs one and more than loves it. its tiny and performs.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Ok so I am assembling all the accesories on the motor and the power steering pump hits the rear tube work . Now its a P style pump from Station and it not only hits the tube work it will interfere with the links and the drive shaft sitting low on the motor . I was thinking of running dual TC pumps up on the heads to get the flow I need for a 5500-6000 lb truck turning 46's with 4 wheel steer . Any thoughts ? I know there is a PSC 4.5-11 gallon a minute TC that is mega bux . Is this the only way ? What do you guys run ? Thanks in advance for any help .
What about using a fork lift pump that is crank driven on the front of the dampner. This is what I am planning. It should have more than enough flow and pressure to meet all your needs.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
3,630 Posts
Nice build!!!

I do havce a quick question... The front shocks, the way it looks in the first picture shows them mounted completely vertical (straight up and down)

When the axle articulates upward on one side that will cause the shock to "swing" side-to-side instead of compressing (if that makes sense)

Any plans to move the upper mounting point inwards toward the center? It appears you have the room...

Then again, I could be missing something too...

Chris:cool2:

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Nice build!!!

I do havce a quick question... The front shocks, the way it looks in the first picture shows them mounted completely vertical (straight up and down)

When the axle articulates upward on one side that will cause the shock to "swing" side-to-side instead of compressing (if that makes sense)

Any plans to move the upper mounting point inwards toward the center? It appears you have the room...

Then again, I could be missing something too...

They are not totally vertical they are angled toward the cab some ,its funny that with out having a motor up front I still have all kinds of clearance issues . I want the shocks outward for stability as well as when the diff cycles the shock if angled inward has a greater arc of movement . This is a problem as it hits my Hydroboost and the lower tube and links . if you look at the second pic you can see the lower tube . I'll get some more pics and it might make sense .

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Cool build.

watch for snakes in your tool box.:flipoff2:

Dan

Snakes,Ive been feeding one up here frosted animal cookies and bud light ,he is getting plump and ready to make a new home in a certain motor home . HA HA .:D

·
Premium Member
617 Posts
Looks great we were wondering when you were going to reveal it but after seeing the rigs there it definitely needs to sit waaaay. Why dont you put the extra steering pump where the throttle cable would go since it will just have a switch for the throttle.

1 - 20 of 327 Posts