Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
35,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend just bought one and I was impressed considering the $159 price tag.
The part I like is that it is made in USA and can order the longer barrel from the factory for $30, or any part straight from the factory.

I searched and saw one thread (the I blew up my P-22 thread), and someone said their Phoenix Arms blew up.

Kevin said it is "beer can accurate" at 20 yards.

I need another 22 like I need another hole in my head, but I've got the itch. :laughing:

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
I had one a number of years ago. I'd get 2 or 3 magazines through it and the hammer would break. This was with standard bulk ammo. I sent it back 2 or 3 times and they fixed it no questions each time and sent a spare mag every time.
The last hammer I got never broke, so I imagine they wised up and changed material. I also had the extended barrel and mag. Fit and finish was decent as well.

Travis

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
I had one for years. Finally gave it to a buddy of mine that had a habit of only bringing one round with him when hunting deer as a finisher.

Not a horrible gun but some redundant safeties that are a bother. If you get it, I still have a stainless long barrel for it that I can't throw out. If you buy one, let me know and I'll send you this barrel.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I have one, I love that little bastard. For the price its a good buy just for target shooting and dinking around, but I wouldn't want to trust my life with it though. Mine FTE cheap lead ammo, but is a lot better with copper. I modified they safety, which makes it a lot more user friendly, but probably voids the warranty.

I had one for years. Finally gave it to a buddy of mine that had a habit of only bringing one round with him when hunting deer as a finisher.

Not a horrible gun but some redundant safeties that are a bother. If you get it, I still have a stainless long barrel for it that I can't throw out. If you buy one, let me know and I'll send you this barrel.
I would be interested in the long barrel, if your looking to get rid of it let me know.

·
Premium Member
35,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm interested in the barrel. How much?

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
Just went down and dug it out of the basement...It's a long barrel and extended magazine for an HP-25, not 22. Guess that's why it's new in the package and I never used it.

Free to anyone that can use it...Just cover postage.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
I had one a year or so ago. Not too impressed with it. Maybe I just bought one with issues but it seemed like every time I shot it there was a FTF. When I was able to get it to shoot, at 20 yards I was looking at a 12 inch grouping.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
My wife carries one daily (not my first choice, but hers) and it functiosn flawlessly. We only shoot Federal Bulk pack JHP through it, as it seems to outperform CCI or remington as far as no FTE/FTF. Accuracy wise... still plenty good enough to do what she needs.

The redudnant safeties are a bother, but nothing you cant get used to. For the price and the pure fun factor of the gun, I absolutely say go for it. :) If you find an abundant supply of spare mags, let me know. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts