Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for someone to weld on front spring hangers for rear springs on my 86 Toyota... rear Chevy spring conversion. Name your price. email at [email protected] or PM

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I did. he wants upwards of 150-350 to weld on the hangers, depending on the gas tank. I may just have to go that route though. Man, wish I knew how to weld. Tom

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
that sounds like a little steep for some spring hangers. Does that include fabbing the hangers themselves, or do you already have hangers, and just need em welded?? You should PM McSoo, he has a 110v buzzbox that works well enough. Won't be the prettiest thing, but I've used the welder, and it penetrates enough for what you need. He'd prolly do it for a case of beer...

·
5,599 Posts
elf_cruiser said:
You should PM McSoo, he has a 110v buzzbox that works well enough. Won't be the prettiest thing, but I've used the welder, and it penetrates enough for what you need. He'd prolly do it for a case of beer...
Mike still has the lincoln 110 MIG right?

buzzbox is an ARC welder "term"?

Im too far south to lend a hand...

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
Call Randy Morrow at Trailtoy Fabrication... 623-210-5491..He built my hy-steer arms..DAMN NICE WORK...good price too...Ask any of of the Phoenix Toy guys!!..I bet they can vouch for him!..Oh he goes by "trailtoy" on the board!

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
hey everyones forgettin about me?? i'm cheaper than dirt and if you want to see examples just look at my rig, send me an email AZ86 i'll be happy to weld for you pretty cheap.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That price was just welding. I am just gonna get the CJ spring hangers.
For those who arent familiar with the little Toys, the major part is that where the new hanger attaches is right next to the gas tank on the passenger side. You can just shield the gas tank and weld everything but the inner part, which works fine. Kongs will only do it with the gas tank removed, which is understandable. Id be happy to move the gas tank if someone is gonna do it. I just dont have the money or time to take out the tank and haul the truck the 30 miles to Kongs and back, let alone be w/o a truck for a few days. Ill give you a shout RHINO.
Oh yeah, you guys got anything planned so I can come watch you break stuff again... Always a fun time, no woman with me this time though, so itll be even more fun.

Later, Tom

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Like elfy said, I've got a 110 flux core that works pretty well. It's not a 220 gas mig by any means, but I've done the engine mounts, and both axle swaps with it, and nothing came apart. :) I can do it Sunday if you want. Do you have all the parts and know where everything should go? I haven't worked on many Toyotas.. Mostly Nissans. Give me a call at 480-650-3392. I'd do it for like 30-40 bucks. I'm pretty quick too. :)
Mike

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ill see if I can get the spring hangers here somewhere in town. Dont have them yet. Ill let you know tomorrow whats going on. Where are you located? Are you comfortable with just welding three sides and just putting a shield between the frame and gas tank? Let me know. Tom

Hey, I am an ME student at ASU as well... HUH

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Well, on mine, I welded the shackle hanger right next to the filler hose. :eek: Oh well. I put a piece of aluminum up there, and it all worked out. I have no problem welding all the sides. Just have kinda an empty tank when you come over. Not so full okay? :p

What year are you? I'm just a first year ME student. I'll be on campus from 7am to about 4pm tomorrow. Give me a call if you are around. I'll be wearing jeans and a green long sleeve shirt, glasses, and short dk brown hair. 480-650-3392.

·
Registered
411 Posts
If need hangers and welding done give me a call.

Randy
Trail Toy Fabrications
623 210-5491

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Give me a call if you are around. I'll be wearing jeans and a green long sleeve shirt, glasses, and short dk brown hair. 480-650-3392.
LOL mike!! What are you tryin to do, get a date???

:rainbow:

·
Registered
164 Posts
If you do start welding around your gastank, its better to have a full tank, because the the gas doesn't heat up very easily..... ;)

But if you would like to remove the tank, you better have it empty.... ;)

Greetz BOwy

>>>>>>>>

Well, on mine, I welded the shackle hanger right next to the filler hose. Oh well. I put a piece of aluminum up there, and it all worked out. I have no problem welding all the sides. Just have kinda an empty tank when you come over. Not so full okay?

What year are you? I'm just a first year ME student. I'll be on campus from 7am to about 4pm tomorrow. Give me a call if you are around. I'll be wearing jeans and a green long sleeve shirt, glasses, and short dk brown hair. 480-650-3392.

·
Registered
14,282 Posts
Bowy said:
If you do start welding around your gastank, its better to have a full tank, because the the gas doesn't heat up very easily..... ;)

But if you would like to remove the tank, you better have it empty.... ;)

Greetz BOwy

I'd be inclined to agree. Empty/semi-empty gas tank means fumes, and that's what burns. Full gas tank means liquid, which doesn't burn till it's vaporized.

Either way, even though it's a hassle, I'm usually inclined to err on the side of caution and drop the tank.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts