Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This little gem might belong in the Fail thread; but it is just too dam funny.:shaking:

A math education professor at the University of Illinois says the ability to solve geometry and algebra problems and teaching such subjects perpetuates so-called white privilege.

Rochelle Gutierrez laid out her views on the subject in an article for a newly published anthology for math educators titled, “Building Support for Scholarly Practices in Mathematics Methods.”

White privilege bolstered by teaching math, university professor says | Fox News

·
Registered
894 Posts
If I were to travel to Mesopotamia so I could use Pi to solve a problem AND in doing so I am considered a minority there, would I still be a racist? :confused:

I really need to solve this algebra problem, race be damned. :shaking:

·
Premium Member
230 Posts

·
Safety third!
11,378 Posts
I thought math was racially best represented by Asians? :confused:

Those fuckers generally run circles around my white ass when it comes to numbers. :laughing:

·
Registered
5,989 Posts

·
Registered
22,077 Posts
What do you call a snake that's exactly 3.14 meters long?

A pi-thon.

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
wow. uhhhh.....ok. I didn't understand but a fraction of what she was saying. It was in English, but man. I did get that she was talking about math like it's a sentient being. whacked.....definitely whacked.

And math is not racist or political. Calculus makes EVERYONE feel dumb when they first start learning it. :flipoff2:
Pretty sure she doesn't understand what she is saying either. :laughing::laughing:

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
I'm pretty sure she said in a nutshell that people of color are dumb, and because only white folks understand math, the problem is getting worse.

·
Addicted to Gear Oil
10,028 Posts
I'm pretty sure she said in a nutshell that people of color are dumb, and because only white folks understand math, the problem is getting worse.
So I guess she doesn't know who Neil DeGrasse Tyson is?

:lmao:

·
Oh Jesus Tits....
2,669 Posts
right, but she blames it on white privilege.

Maybe the hoodrats should quit trying to be rap stars in Jr. High and pay attention in school. Maybe if they had a dad to whoop their ass for flunking math. Maybe if they knew who daddy was.....

1 - 20 of 30 Posts