·
Registered
34,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:shaking:

check this shit out
10 day wait in ca
1 gun each 30 days
DOJ denied me picking up my gun this coming sat, because the paperwork was started 20 minutes to early, hence not a full 30 24 hour days:laughing: :laughing:
So I redo paper work today & wait another 10 days, & the shop gets to eat the $25 transfer since I was not at fault, as I asked if it had been a full 30 days:p
Great the way Kalif Gov works hu?
No new gun for me sat:evil:

No I'm not making this SHIT up:flipoff2:

·
Registered
32,458 Posts
There's a reason I moved :laughing:

·
Registered
26,789 Posts
That is just too bizarre not to be true.

Another reason I go to Cali to visit but will never live there again.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I guess that's one good thing about Florida,I can go into any gun show they have here flash my CWP,pay some jack and walk out with any gun I want:D

·
Fistful of Boomstick
45,473 Posts
that is some funny fucking shit :laughing:

they keep offering me orders to Kali. I keep laughing at them :D

·
I build stuff
24,247 Posts
SeaBass44 said:
10 day wait in ca
1 gun each 30 days
10 day wait for any gun or a handgun?
30days per gun or handgun?

And here I am bitching having to wait 30 minutes for the background check. Oh and its a single background check for x amount of handguns :D
Pete

·
Registered
17,017 Posts
I don't like waiting more than 20 minutes to walk out of a gunshop with a new gun. Waiting for ANYTHING sucks.

·
Registered
6,606 Posts
SeaBass44 said:
:shaking:

check this shit out
10 day wait in ca
1 gun each 30 days
DOJ denied me picking up my gun this coming sat, because the paperwork was started 20 minutes to early, hence not a full 30 24 hour days:laughing: :laughing:
So I redo paper work today & wait another 10 days, & the shop gets to eat the $25 transfer since I was not at fault, as I asked if it had been a full 30 days:p
Great the way Kalif Gov works hu?
No new gun for me sat:evil:

No I'm not making this SHIT up:flipoff2:

Sheesh.

Buy second hand. :evil:

·
Registered
34,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
basketcasejeep said:
Sheesh.

Buy second hand. :evil:
still has to be done through a FFL dealer, still a 10 day wait, but does bypass the 30 day deal

·
Registered
34,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
aloharover said:
10 day wait for any gun or a handgun?
30days per gun or handgun?

And here I am bitching having to wait 30 minutes for the background check. Oh and its a single background check for x amount of handguns :D
Pete
I am unsure on that, but think it is handguns, I did get a the DOJ letter that was sent to the dealer:barf:

·
I build stuff
24,247 Posts
SeaBass44 said:
still has to be done through a FFL dealer, still a 10 day wait, but does bypass the 30 day deal
What about getting "gifts" from someone out of state.
Say you went on vacation to say, oh CO and a friend gave you a box with oh I don't know, some guns in it. As long as they are not on the CA AW ban list would it be ok?

Pete ( I accept paypal :D )

·
Registered
34,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
aloharover said:
What about getting "gifts" from someone out of state.
Say you went on vacation to say, oh CO and a friend gave you a box with oh I don't know, some guns in it. As long as they are not on the CA AW ban list would it be ok?

Pete ( I accept paypal :D )
No still has to go through a FFL, or it's a felony:eek:

Turns out day 10 is a sun & the dealer is closed so I get an 11 day wait this time:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Gots laught or I'll get pissed:evil:

·
Registered
617 Posts
Yea, we have a waiting period too.....:(

I had to wait 2 minutes for them to make a phone call to validate my CCW before they would let me leave with my new Kel-Tec. :flipoff2:

·
Registered
427 Posts
That is the silliest shit I've heard in a long time. I bought a Springfield 1911 in Phx back in Nov 94, shortly after Brady was passed. I asked the dealer if I had to come back later and pick it up. Nope. Just wait about 20 minutes for the background check to come back from DPS. I wandered around looking at AR's and stuff in the shop.

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
SeaBass44 said:

Take a trip to reno go to a gun show purchase from a private party

reno hilton gun show 3-4 times a year google the big reno show

or, The one at the convention center "crossroads of the west" gunshow.

when walking around the show dont look amazed at everything that they have there just act like a local. Nevada has the same lame federal laws but last time I lived there just about 0 state laws when it came to guns

just dont try to buy from a dealer at a out of state gun show as you cant
but there is no federal law from one private party selling to another private party

Did you know THE PRC (peoples republic of california) is surrounded by class 3 states Oregon, Nevada, Arizona (class 3 = machine guns, short barreled rifles/ shotguns, supressors ect.)

Bout 140-150 miles from your location

Have fun

·
Registered
34,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ParadiseAutoElectric said:
Take a trip to reno go to a gun show purchase from a private party

reno hilton gun show 3-4 times a year google the big reno show

or, The one at the convention center "crossroads of the west" gunshow.

when walking around the show dont look amazed at everything that they have there just act like a local. Nevada has the same lame federal laws but last time I lived there just about 0 state laws when it came to guns

just dont try to buy from a dealer at a out of state gun show as you cant
but there is no federal law from one private party selling to another private party

Did you know THE PRC (peoples republic of california) is surrounded by class 3 states Oregon, Nevada, Arizona (class 3 = machine guns, short barreled rifles/ shotguns, supressors ect.)

Bout 140-150 miles from your location

Have fun
ya I lived in az, I think there are 27 class 3 states, & why I'm surounded I have no idea:flipoff2:

If I were to buy a gun out of state & it were newer then when the law changed here on PVT part sales, I would be in felony hevan:eek: no need to go there:D But if I did buy a say 10 year old gun then I wouldn't have to worry about it, unless it were an AW:shaking:

·
I build stuff
24,247 Posts
SeaBass44 said:
No still has to go through a FFL, or it's a felony:eek:

Turns out day 10 is a sun & the dealer is closed so I get an 11 day wait this time:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Gots laught or I'll get pissed:evil:
Wow. Ok final what if...
What if a relative died and willed their collection to you?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts