1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Yes....very, very nice....especially like the attention and treatment devoted to the wiring. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Very sweet.
Where did you get the screws you used to secure the wood? Also, do you have any pics of them?
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the comments guys. I have a lot of hard work into this trailer, trying to figure stuff out, even after having built probably 50 trailers in the past. I hope the info helps someone.

I know one thing, the 2.5" crossmembers flex a bit....not much, but its there. They are 16" o/c. I'm going to weld a piece of 2" angle to every second one, turning the angle into a 'C' channel, just to stiffen them. The skid steer puts a lot of weight right close to the center of the trailer. I'm just paranoid tho....

I got the screws from our hardware supplier, SIRR Fastner in Thunder Bay, Ontario. The are expensive, but being self drilling/tapping, and with the big flat head, they are the best to use for wood decks. They are galvanized too, so no rust.

·
Chubby Chaser
26,105 Posts
Very cool :smokin:

The only thing I saw missing were a bunch of crushed beer cans all over the shop floor :D

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We cleaned those up before taking the pics :D

Many, many beers were killed while building this trailer.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think i have about $3300 canadian in it,or $2300 USD, all totalled. It cost me more than it should have because I had to make a 350 mile trip to get the axles....Then they were too wide to use the wheels i already had, so i had to get the Yukon rims......LED lights are expensive too. I could build it again for a lot less. The next one will be 20'.

·
Registered
9,708 Posts
That is a very well-crafted trailer. I like the way you designed your pivot points on the chassis. What thickness square tubing did you use for your main frame rails?

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
0.188" 3/16"

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
There's been a lot of talk about trailer building lately, so i figured i'd give this a bump.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Thanks. I think red trailers tend to look new for a longer period of time....plus I already had the paint.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts