Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
sirachi are you going to go up to dmc again next weekend? If so count me in. I got a few more things I have to get to finish my bike but I am going to get them this week. Looks like a lot of fun.
I wish I was there. I haven't rode for like a week and a half, seems like forever.:mad:

·
Registered
759 Posts
Oh I am sure you could have hit the rhythm section at the bottom. I hit the first one last time I was there but the second was butchered. It looks big but they're real easy.:D

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You know what slug, I've gotten addicted again. Screw biking on the road, these maxxis tires are too expensive and too nice to do that. I need to find a set of heavier tires for the road (I had mythos XC, but man, they were so light that I ended up steering all funny and wheelies just went wrong).

I'm probably goin next weekend. I kind of want to find some downhill though, and just cruise fast! There's always waterdog next door. But then again, I want to hit jumps one day.. once I get my act together.

I'm not a good jumper.. I can barely hit the ones at the top, where you hit the first coming into the trail and you land in the dip, then you've got a choice of 3 to choose from, depending on which path you take. I can't even land into the dip, gotta work on that. Some day!

I'll keep you updated, might want to check on our site now and then to stay posted on ride times and etc. Most likely it'll be another saturday afternoon ride.

Btw, excited to see your new S8!! How is it anyway? Post some pics!

·
Registered
759 Posts
well I need the following to finish:
mrp
8" rotor
26.8 seatpost
saddle
wheelset, the one I got THE products, the tires are impossible to get on. so I am going to get trailpimps with a rear hadley and unknown front hub.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow, sounds like quite a buildup. Looks like you went all out, it's gonna be a great rig.

Email me.. I have a guy that sells stuff for pretty good prices.

As for the MRP, I'd suggest going to www.dhrings.com

I think their plates are alot thicker than the MRP plates, and will hold up to more abuse. The MRP plates seem like they're only meant for chain guides.. they just seem way too thin.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts