Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there.

This might be more to Chit Chat board but cause there is pics of cars I thought to put this one here. There are some pics of our trip to Gjerstad Sladden. A gerat trip it was even that my "crappy green blazer" broke down to the first section (NP203 gave up).
So see the pics from:

http://jare4x4.netfirms.com/

Some samples:

Jare from Finland

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's Per Larsson's car. He is the Europian and Nordic Champion at 2002!!!!! And I'm not sure but I think he also won Norwegian Cup too.

Jare

·
Registered
98 Posts
Man those rigs would kick ass over here! You guys really need to get sponors to pay for a trip to the states! I'd love to see a US vs. European vs. Aussy comp. shoot-out, that would be the shit!

·
Registered
881 Posts
offroadjouni said:
LOL. One of the most famous Finnish off road drivers - Tuukka Laasonen - in a restaurant after the sand trial competition. :D Tuukka's racer
Didn't he win the event?

Does kjell M Rimstad have 15" wheels on his comp rig?

·
Registered
540 Posts
Since when do sand rails (or should I call them sand rigs) need portals and use boggers? If you need ground clearance in sand your tires are buried anyway. Plus the boggys are WAY to heavy for sand, get a nice set of 22" paddles. I guess its just diffrent purposes I guess. Cool rigs though!

·
Registered
881 Posts
Air Ride said:
so thats where all the Volvo axles went!
Yep, and they only use the front axles.

It seems that you only get C304 axles with centerd pumpkin in the states, and a C304 with centerd pumpkin has three axles so what happens to the third axle?

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
jbt said:

Didn't he win the event?

Does kjell M Rimstad have 15" wheels on his comp rig?
He won the Formula Class and I think he was second in Proto. Tuukka won proto and was second in Formula.

Not sure about the wheels.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
clc900 said:
Since when do sand rails (or should I call them sand rigs) need portals and use boggers? If you need ground clearance in sand your tires are buried anyway. Plus the boggys are WAY to heavy for sand, get a nice set of 22" paddles. I guess its just diffrent purposes I guess. Cool rigs though!
Boggers are by rules. In real Formula off road the easier class (standard) has to use street legal tyres that can be cutted. So thats one answer to Boggers.

Then paddle tyres are way much harder to find and more expensive to buy. And they are not so good at the trial competitions :D

And portals are because some of the rigs are used in trial and Volvo C303 axle is lighter than Dana60 and easier to find here in Nordic countries.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts