Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Camper mounts - The mounts are spring loaded, so no happy jack type turnbuckle is needed. Note the mounts are on little recievers that are removable when not in use. :cool2:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
17,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The mother of all tag along hitches - 15,000lb. rating, and a 12,000lb. rating with an extension. The extension utilizes the factory hitch and the Super Hitch. :eek: Note the camper receiver mounted off the super hitch.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
Hey Lance! Did you air up before you drove home, and did you notice a difference?

It was cool to meet you and Kelly. I talked to Big Rich today and I should be seeing you at the comps this year. I'll try to fire some pics of my hitch/airbag mount your way if you want.

Chris

·
Premium Member
17,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Chris,

Good meeting you too, man! Yes, I bumped 'em up to about 85lbs and it did make a difference. Definitely still need the 'bags though! :D

·
Registered
6,382 Posts
damn now it looks like you should have bought a dually. bags will help for sure. looks good mike.

·
Hophead
77,716 Posts
Damn thats a big camper :eek:

Funny they put the storage bin so far back its off the end of the truck :confused:

·
Registered
422 Posts
Lance said:
The mother of all tag along hitches - 15,000lb. rating, and a 12,000lb. rating with an extension. The extension utilizes the factory hitch and the Super Hitch. :eek: Note the camper receiver mounted off the super hitch.
What's the splitting wedge for? :eek: Must have not quite been a bolt on affair! :D

·
Premium Member
78,528 Posts
Looks good Lance. What year's the camper ???

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Holy crap, is that a long wheelbase truck? It looks like it is! Jeez that's the same truck I have but mine is red and that camper makes it look TINY!!! WOW!

·
Premium Member
17,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Fear Factory said:

What's the splitting wedge for? :eek: Must have not quite been a bolt on affair! :D
:D Actually all I used it for was to line everything up before I tightened it all down. A few gentle taps and it was good to go. ;)

SD - It's an '85.

Tornado - Yes, it's a long bed. ;)

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Does that long cabover give you a queen size bed up there?

·
Premium Member
78,528 Posts
TornadoTJ said:
From the amount of length on the cabover I'd say it's queen size that's
situated sideways. My 9 1/2' Lance has the queen bed lengthwise.

·
Premium Member
17,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
TornadoTJ said:
Yep... I have one very similar to this one for sale in the the classifieds. It doesn't fit a '03 dodge because of the location of the bathroom/shower, however. It seems the new Dodges have narrower bed rails than other trucks. :rolleyes:

1982 Lance Camper for sale

·
Premium Member
17,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
SanDiegoCJ said:

From the amount of length on the cabover I'd say it's queen size that's
situated sideways. My 9 1/2' Lance has the queen bed lengthwise.
I believe in 86 they started making the beds lengthwise. Very nice setup, Gary! Where the hell do you put your camper when you're not using it?

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
That's OK, I won't be in the market for a while. I was doing pretty good, getting ready to go... left the Jeep outside right after a trip recently and when I got up the next morning it was stripped. About the only thing they DIDN'T take is the wheels/tires.

Brand new truck sitting right in front of it, doors unlocked, tools in the toolbox which was also unlocked and they never touched it. They'd been eyeing my Jeep.

Truck has an alarm now. Jeep will never be left out again no matter how tired I am when I get home.

·
Premium Member
78,528 Posts
Lance said:

I believe in 86 they started making the beds lengthwise. Very nice setup, Gary! Where the hell do you put your camper when you're not using it?
I don't have a place to put the camper. :( I already pay $50/month for a spot to
store the trailer and don't want to spend any more than that. Sucks, but that's life. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
17,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
SanDiegoCJ said:

I don't have a place to put the camper. :( I already pay $50/month for a spot to
store the trailer and don't want to spend any more than that. Sucks, but that's life. :rolleyes:
So put the camper on the trailer and kill two birds with one stone! ;)

I'm paying $50/mo to store this camper till my other one sells.

·
Registered
279 Posts
nice truck, I have the same one.
And get some mud flaps on there asap, your paint will thank you.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts