Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who has pics of their 14ff disc conv? Lets see how clean they are and explain your brake line set up (lengths on hard and flex lines). Just want ideas on lines and bracketry.

·
Registered
266 Posts
E-mail this company they are releasing a bracket hose kit for 50$ it comes with 2 hoses, 2 banjo bolts with washers, 2 brackets for the hoses with bolts, and 2 compression fittings to hook up hoses. Here is a link to there site A-TRON they don't have it listed yet but I got there e-mail on the price today. It will make hooking up 14FF disc's real easy.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Not sure thats why I said to e-mail them they just sent me the price and what was included I am waiting to here back from them about these questions and for pics. they did say they will be availible to buy by next week. I did the swap and need to run the lines too, so I'm in the same boat. If I get any info I will post it.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
I dont like that big ass loop. I would rather run a short flexible strait down to the housing. I dont like the eldo calipers either though. Too much exposed shit for me, maybe I am just picky. I would post pics of my setup but I dont have a camera or a scanner or a host for the pics. :flipoff2:

Charlo

·
Registered
7,069 Posts
charlo said:
I dont like that big ass loop. I would rather run a short flexible strait down to the housing.

Charlo
You do realize that you have to have enough hose to be able to remove the caliper for servicing right? If the hose is too short you have to disconnect it to take the caliper off. It can be done that way but why?

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Good point, I dont see an issue with it getting hung up on stuff.

The Rockslut said:

You do realize that you have to have enough hose to be able to remove the caliper for servicing right? If the hose is too short you have to disconnect it to take the caliper off. It can be done that way but why?

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
How much hose do you need to pull the caliper and let it dangle? maybe 2 inches of slack? I have had both a broken section of tow strap and a short section of broken wire rope get wapped around the axle housing on seperate occasions. You cant see this stuff when someone jackass leaves it hidden under the mud. Both times would have ripped the big ass rubber hunk a shit in half. I also tend to kick up logs now and then cause I hate going around them. You will probably never have a problem with it, but I like "never" better than "probably never".

Charlo

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.